lake Hopatcong report

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Macaluso

Reaction score
Mike I seen tat you had posted requesting a report on lake Hopatcong . that can be done it two words

Tom & Mike,

As requested, I went to Hopatcong today, yesterday was Land of Make Beleive. I got to the State Park @ 8:00 AM exactly and the ranger was opening the gate. The water was like glass for the first few hours, so I drove the boat for about 45 minutes. Pretty cool at WOT when you have that whole lake to yourself and my boys loved it.

Getting back to fishing.

I tried some docks on the main lake, a couple swirls on BabyBass colored Super Flukes, red hook. I tried the island and pads by lake ends marina, again some very big swirls no hookup.

At about 10:30 I went to my favorite spot which I think is under Brady Bridge. I know theres a bar right after the bridge?

Anyway, there was a lot of duckweed in the back cove and the water had a green slime on it. Started using white/blue pearl 4" Senko and got three 14"ers under the docks. I got one more against a rock wall with a Chartruse 5" Senko. All within 40 minutes. Then the bight died. At about 1:00 the sky started looking pretty ugly so I decided to take a short ride and then back to the launch. I would have stayed but I had my 2 young boys with me.

The ramp and state park was not crowded when I left, so that's as good as catching fish!

Hope this helps.

One more thing, since the water was real dark and green, I used some MegaStrike. I also tone down my white Semko's by leaving the used ones in a compartment with all diferent color soft palstics, like Rootbeer and Green Pumpkin. The white senko gets this custom color to it. Kind of like Orange Creamcycle.

Seems to work for me.

Latest posts

Back