jackplate

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ Extrom

Reaction score
Thinking of a 6" plate for the avalanche. What do you all think? Will the steering cables work etc.... Thank's

DL,

Tell us about your plate and motor. Did you notice a big change in handling or performance once you added it, or have you always had it? It seems CJ and I are heading in similar directions, so I was just a little curious.

Thanks,

--Casey

Casey, I did not run mine long before I put one on it. There used to be a member here from Texas that had an AV. and he said he drove his a good bit before he added his and he saw a big difference in handling and performance. I was already looking and after I talked to him it kind of sealed the deal. When I first got mine it was bad to porpoise. I added a stingray fin and a jackplate. It is a completely different boat now. Casey do you have an Av. also?

I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my Avalanche. First though I'm going to send the prop in to be reworked this winter.

Yes, DL, mine's an '04 with a 150 Opti. I've got a pic or two in my library. I had some slow speed porpoising issues also until I added a foil. I could control the porpoising by keeping the motor trimmed all the way down, but that seemed to really load it up and of course I had major torque steer when I would do that.

Hey Casey, I am on vacation so there's not much time to write. When I get home , you and I need to exchange some specs. Maybe I can fill out my Perfomance category then. Have a great weekend, everyone!! Be safe and have fun.

I'm a little dead in the water at the moment, so to speak, concerning performance. I only have my speedo to go off of for speed, and somedays it seems to be working fine, others, it says I'm barely pushing 40. I've even seen days when it would barely move. I had the dealer look into it and they couldn't find anything. I'm going to try to get a GPS put in before any mods to the boat itself.

I have a set of SmartCraft guages on their way, maybe that will help somewhat. Anyone know about the accuracy of Merc's paddle-wheel speed sensor, or is it not even worth my time?

Latest posts

Back