Jack plate question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Potaczek

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Nitro Z7 with a 200 i have a 6" jack plate was wondering what i would gain if i had a 10" jack plate.

If you find yourself needing MAX trim to achieve max speed, then possibly. My guess is with the 3.0 litre 200, you don't have to. ;)

Yes I have to trim all the way up. Maybe i could raise my jack plate a little higher i don't really know how high i can go with it

More set-back will achieve better balance......less trim for better top end....better handling.

Bob will raising jackplates help or hurt hole shot?

Will raising the plate help?...or hurt? The deeper the motor the more it will dig a hole. Lift it up and the boat wants to squat less. You have to find the sweet spot where the blow out happens it is manageable. Ideally....to let the motor sing to it's top rpm during break over is not a bad thing.

The more set-back.....depends on the set-up and prop choice. It sounds like it should make the hole-shot worse...but.....I've seen where it actually IMPROVES. I think it may be due to physics at work and the old leverage factor. I've always been an advocate of the "planing plates" that bolt up to the bottom of the jackplate...they act as another surface to assist in the hole-shot. ;)

Back