• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

In Tidewater VA area - small two man "Pond Prowler" boat / TM / Sonar - $400 obo

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I had this "sold" and the person who spoke for it backed out. I am reducing the price from my original $450 asking price to $400 obo.

I have a small 2 man "Pond Prowler" boat for sale.

8'5" long / 4' wide. Lightweight. Fits perfectly in the back of a full size pickup truck.

Minn Kota Endura 30lb thrust trolling motor - 1 year old

Bottom Line sonar / fish finder - 1 year old

Two batteries - full size Interstate 27 group. Battery box included for the rear battery.

Two seats. Both fold down - one padded, one not. Both seats are mounted on one year old "seat spiders" from Bass Pro Shops.

$400 obo gets it all.

Here it is tied up to the dock with the trolling motor and battery removed:

DSCF0392.jpg

And one of my son and I fishing out of it:

DSC00018.jpg

Hey Glenn,

First, that's an absolutely great picture of you and your son!:D Now some questions to drive you crazy, ok?

Is there room to mount that trolling motor on the front and isn't there a plug for one up there?

If you're fishing alone, and the boat isn't balanced, doesn't one end tend swing around in the wind and doesn't it drive you crazy?

How stable is it?

Where is the sonar set up and where's the transducer?

Thanks Glenn,

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy,

Thanks for the comment on my son and I! I've been missing him very much lately. Hopefully, the next 10 months will fly by, and the times I go to visit will seem to last longer than the actual time I'm there.

I had a guy place a non-refundable down-payment on it today, so that I would hold it for him until the 1st of December (he's going to meet me at Anna, or close to it, to pick it up) so I have to consider it "sold" for the time being. I had it "sold" once before, but didn't have the guy put a down payment on it. 3 people called, and I told them it was "sold"... and then the guy backed out. Therefore, I had this current gentleman put a down payment on it for me to hold it, so I have more confidence that someone will actually come get it this time.

Just in case he does back out... here are the answers to your questions:

I've had a trolling motor on the front and back at the same time. There is a mount for it up front, as well as a plug for it up there. Kinda funny - my buddy would steer one way, and I'd steer the other. We got... nowhere! :lol: (But we could spin it on a dime!)

Fishing alone, the boat rides up a little bit up front, but not that bad at all. I scoot my chair up towards the middle, and that MK Endura trolling motor has a extendable control arm , so it works out perfect. I've been in some very strong wind in this little boat, and it handles much better than any small boat I've ever been in.

It is VERY stable for a boat this size, and is even more stable than some larger boats I've been in. I have used it to sight fish the pond across the street from my house in the spring. I stand up in the middle of the boat, and it is very stable. MUCH more so than my neighbors 14 foot Jon Boat. If you tried to stand up and move around in his little aluminum rig like I do in this one... you'd end up going swimming. The entire inside contains foam, and the boat has a very low center of gravity. It's suprisingly stable. That is why I've enjoyed it so much - especially fishing with my son.

My sonar is set up on a piece of wood that fits perfectly between the area between the gunnels, so that I can remove it completely when I'm not in the boat. The transducer is mounted on my trolling motor, so when I come out of the boat in the evening, the entire sonar setup goes in a little yard cart, along with my rods, tackle, battery, and trolling motor, and I just cart that into my garage until my next outing. Very cool little setup. I'm hoping to be lucky enough to have a little neighborhood pond near my next house in Texas, and if we do, I'll be buying another one - exactly like this, and set it up the same way. My son loves this little boat, but lately, he's been asking to go ride in the "big white boat" (my bass boat). :p

All the best,

Glenn

Thanks Glenn.

I was just thinking I could throw that in my truck and fish some of the small ponds I know about. Nancy, my wife, saw what I was up to and started yelling and screaming at me! She knows I am NOT supposed to lift anything so she doesn't want me squating or anything at all that will exacerbate my back condition. She's already said "I'm letting you drive down to Lake Anna aren't I?:rolleyes: So, to avoid a divorce this time of my life I gave up.

I wish I had moe time to "talk" but it's way past my bedtime..

Warm Regards,

Uncle Billy

Well... it's now December 22nd, and the guy hasn't come pick it up yet and isn't calling me like I requested. I'm putting it back on the market. Anyone interested?

All the best,

Glenn

Back