If you could have a 2nd car...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
What would it be? I know most of you could not give up your tow vehicles, but if you could...what car would you buy on the market today? (Not the ones you drove in high school.)

I test drove a BMW Mini Cooper S yesterday and really liked it. Got me to looking at cars to see what was out there now. Just thought that would be a fun topic while everyone has spring fever.

I would be satisfied just getting my old Jeep that has been sitting in the garage for three years back on the road.

When I have the money,I don't have the time.

When I have the time,I don't have the money.

Go figure.......

I never think about driving a car!! For practical purposes, I would get another Jeep Grand Cherokee. I had a 93 model and it was THE best winter vehicle that I have ever driven. For non-practical purposes and for short summer use only, it would be a new Corvette. Then after racking up the tickets, I would trade it in for a Hyundai Elantra!!! Oh yea...that's what my wife drives!!! The HORROR!!!!! LOL!!!!

Bob G.

My second car is a Lincoln LSC Coupe. It's a 5.0 ltr, mustang eater.....

I have my eye on the new 2005 Mustang.. May not be able to swing it but the retro look takes me back to my younger days. Of course that means I would have to get rid of either my 85 or 86 T-bird Turbo coupes or both for that matter.

BF

My tow vehicle is a 2000 TrailBlazer 4x4. But my 2nd vehicle that I drive everyday to work and play in the backroads of our hunt club, is a 92 Nissan 4x4 with 170,000 miles on it...and I would not trade her for the world.

Michael

Of course it would have to be a chevy! How about this. My pride and joy I might add next to the boat!! 1969 Chevelle
Newrightside.jpg

Cass, I also looked at a few used BMW 325's this weekend. Very good taste I must say.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

It's a jeep thing....you DO understand.

My 93 Wrangler with 197,000 on it is as tight as a top...speaking of tops, I have a hard top, a soft top, and a bikini top. If you are gonna drive something, it might as well be FUN!!

TOXIC

Jill and I are deffinitely in the market for a convertible.

We both wish Honda would make an Accord V6 convertible. Until that day, the Toyota Solara is appealing.
Toyota%20Solara.jpg

I have Champagne taste with a Beer wallet! LOL

Cass

If money was no object and it didnt need to be practical i would buy either a Dodge SRT10 Ram or mabye a Viper os the new Ford GT. Im a car guy and love high performance cars, i just cant afford any of the above and still afford to live

Money being an object I like my Dakota just fine. If i didnt have a boat to tow id think about an Audi a4 quatro. They are good in the snow and a very nice car to drive. If i was buying a second car for a toy it would be a Dodge srt4. There is no car that can deliver the level of performance that srt4 can for under 20k. And for a few hundred bucks in upgrades it will lay the wood to a mustang and keep up with a vette in a straight line. Either that or a really fast motorcycle like a suzuki 1300 Hayabusa ot a Honda cbr1100rr

I would have to spring for a Mazda RX-8...silver.

I used to have a black RX-7 and sure miss the fun that it was to drive....well when it was running anyways.

--Corey

Dream tow vehicle(s)-Ford Excursion, Ford F-250, Chevy 2500HD all with diesel engines

Dream 2nd vehicle-Ford Excursion, Ford F-250, Chevy 2500 HD all with diesel engines

Corey...

I didn't know that you...too...we're an RX-7 guy... I drove my 1979 RX-7 until 2000 when I finally was convinced to sell it to a friend that still has it... It was on it's second engine and had been lovingly maintained mechanically perfect... reupholstered in about 86 or 88, etc... I just never found another car that I liked as well as that one... I, too would go for another one in a heart beat...

Greg, too cool. I had an 85 GSL-SE..the "old" body style with the newer 13B EFI engine and I also had a 93 Twin Turbo...for a very short time as it was way too $$$ to fix and needed fixing often. The old one was a runner though.

--Corey

Jeep Wrangler, half doors, soft top.

Money on object.....Hummer H2

Fitting into my budget.....78 Gran Prix with da 20 inch blades,gangster walls, metalflake paint, and da brains blowed out. Oh yeah, gotta have the dope smoker windows too.

;>))

Harpo Cool J

I would have an H2, it has the ultimate Bass Boat pulling abilities.

(It could also be used as a chick magnet if I played my cards right.)

T.S.

If I could afford an H2, it would be my primary... actually, the H1... I really dont like the H2...

Secondary car?

67 Mustang... been a dream since I was 16...

76 Chevy LUV... first truck...wished I'd never sold that little POS

new?? I still like the PT Cruiser...

Or a serious Jeep CJ7....

Simmy, you had a chevy LUV? i had two of them. my first vehicle i ever owned was a 80 4wd LUV that i got for 500 bucks when i was 15 and spent the next two years rebuilding it( full frame off rebuild), adding a lift and tires and replacing that little 4 banger with a buick 3.8 that i built up. I would still have it if it didnt get totalled. I got nailed by a drunk that blew a red light and two years of work was gone. I only drove it for like 6 months before it was totalled. After that i bought a 78 2wd one for 50 bucks to drive while his insurance company was jerking me around.

For me, it would be a return to one I had.

1969 Plymouth GTX, 4 speed. 440 cubic inches, 375 hp, 425 ft. lbs. of torque.

It was one bad mamma jamma. It was beaten twice in about a year (and I raced it often - street and strip). Once, when beat just after I got it, and still didn't know how to control/drive it. The other time was when I had to spot a similar car with a 426 Hemi in it, 3/4 of a second in a drag race.

It was really a hot machine. Now, I just have a replica model (diecast) on my bar. Same color and everything.

Tex

yeah, I had a 76... when it still had the 4 headlights and some style... mine was a little more special:

1. Had a stepside bed kit on it

2. Helped my dad rebuild the engine on it before he "gave" it to me...

thats cool simmy, it looks like we have the same tastes. we both own dakota 4 doors now and out boats are the same color scheme. Scary huh?

My LUV was a 4x4. i did a full frame off on it, stripped to the bone. I installed a 4" lift and 31" tires. A buick 231 v6 that i built from a bare block, redid the entire interior, stripped the body and painted it. Thr truck was like new when i was done with it. It still makes me mad that it got totalled, i put a lot of time and sweat into that truck.

my biggest problem is i have to many cars (5) and not enough boats (2) and least that is my wifes joke. i already have 3 trucks and 2 sports cars and a jetta, so i would have to say a ford lightnin 2004, cause it as fast as the sports cars and its still a truck. now i just need to find one of those cars that is a boat.

mike

6 cars, Mike! I am jealous. I would have a Mini Cooper, a BMW 325 covertible, an old Ford Mustang, a bright yellow VW Beetle, a Jeep Grand loaded, Nissan Titan, and maybe another Explorer Sport (I loved my old one).

Porsche.....

Porsche Carrera 4!

Anyone wanna ride with me to the rally along those twisty Kentucky backraods??!!??

Back