Humminbird News FYI

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne P.

Reaction score
Humminbird, a leader in the marine electronics industry, will make a major

new product announcement at the 2012 Bassmaster Classic in Shreveport, LA.

A brief news conference will be held at approximately 2:00 PM CST

following the interview session at the B.A.S.S. Media Day on Thursday,

February 23, at the Silver Lake Ballroom. For those unable to attend, the

announcement will be streamed live at

http://upload.outdoorsfirst.com/liveaim.asp

ry3D4002.jpg

It is a 360 imaging announcement for their electronics!! Looks CRAZY!!!!! I have Lowrance, but Ill be keeping an eye on their announcement

The official announcement was a 2:00 Central Time. Actually not much detail was given out other than a few screen shots showing the 360 sweep and a setting for forward looking only. It will be an Ethernet accessory so its application will only be for the new units that are Ethernet capable.

Forward thinking and now forward, left, right and aft imaging as well Tex!

Here is a link to the Humminbird site web page for the 360 Imaging accessory:

http://www.humminbird.com/360Imaging/

Greg Walters at Humminbird

I looked at the webpage and that is sweet, pricey but really sweet.

Wow, that is really sweet. How much you want to bet that KVD has one of those poles on his rig right now!

I am really truly impressed with the quality and innovation that HBird has brought to the market. I'm certain that Greg remembers some of the conversations we had right here on NTOWS around 8-10 years ago.

Now, all I need is another boat!

Tex

Jeeez, I was just getting ready to start my learning curve all over again with not only color graphs but with side and down imaging. Now they go and throw this at me? This is sensory overload! Let me learn one thing at a time guys!;)

One observation from the peanut gallery. Looks like a small display on a large unit. Is there a reason it doesn't fill the screen more? After all, that is why we pay the big bucks.....to get the big screens.....:) And will that pole mount interfere with a power pole?

TOXIC

I had a scanning sonar on a Lake Michigan boat in the '70s. It was interesting, but got REALLY expensive the one time I forget to raise the unit before taking off.

I don't know about the screen not being filled anymore than it is Toxic. This is all new to me as well as it was kept pretty hush-hush.

Not sure what you mean by interfering with a Power Pole. I would expect that you would mount it on the opposite side of the transom from one. I have heard that the Minn Kota folks are already working on a dual mount in case you want to mount it next to a Talon. Don't know if the Power Pole folks will come out with something like that or not.

I do not know if there will be some sort of alarm or message on the display of you unit if you leave the 360 Imaging pod down when you take off or not. Like I said: its new to me too. I am still waiting for my on water demonstration... :(

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Latest posts

Back