How much value am I losing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
I posted my wreck a couple of weeks ago and had a question. How much value do you think I will lose on resale for a repaired boat. I know I am not giving you a lot of info and I could post a lot of pictures but just a brief list of fiberglass work: dented side below the rub rail, cracked top rail, well in front of the motor is cracked all the way across, transom appears to have damage(slightly bent toward the motor). Are we talking 2k, 4K, or more? Either way I am beginning to feel it sliding in!:angry:

All depends on insurance. I have US angler and I have a set decleared value.

Jimmy,

Is the insurance company fighting a total loss? I know if I was looking for a used boat, I would run from any deal that had that kind of damage work done-too dangerous IMO to be running at speed on possibly choppy water, unexpected storms, etc. No way to know for sure or prove to a prospective buyer that the work was done right. Bad situation all around, but I would be fighting for a replacement, not a fix.

I know transoms can be repaired but it is the same kind of red flag that a repaired bent frame on a truck is. You lose a certain amount of trust. That's exactly why I told you to check it well. When selling and disclosed to a buyer, the same thing. Personally, if it were me I would try to get it totaled. If they won't, I would get a Marine Surveyor to draft me up a letter on the fully repaired value as well as the current damage. You normally need your gun loaded with as many bullets as possible when going up against insurance companies.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back