Hey Tee, DonJovi (and all other Smallie hunters)

• Thread starter Tony Payne [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/52
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Payne

Reaction score
Well, I think I am going to concentrate on Cumberland more...

2 reasons:

for the last 3 trips to Cumberland we have gotten at least 1 - 3 smallies per trip, smallest being about 3#s, largest topping 5#... and this has been on the "bluebird days".

(I got the last smallie of last year, at 3, and barb got the first Smallie of this year, a nice 5#er).

I also caught a nice 21" Walleye.... surprised the heck out of me...

So, with Cumberland being an hour closer, I think I am going to concentrate on it alot more... I also have gotten some very good info on the area of the lake to concentrate on a bit more.

Also, I heard a "ramp report" from a fellow fisherman about a 12 being shocked out of Cumberland by the KDFW!

Let me know when you want to go smallie huntin... we're not stopping this year for the cold...

happy_couple.jpg

Nice walleye... I could have used that fish a few times this last season...

So how is your son's boat rebuild coming along...

Great looking fish Sim, did that 'eye make it dinner?

I got my first fishES of the year yesterday, 2 nice 5lb Stripers while trolling on Allatoona!

Here's to a good year of fishing, family and keeping our jobs!

Great fish, Sim!

Now.....

You gotta learn to smile the way Barb does!

Barb, I love the hair!

You remind me of an "Earth Mother" type from back in the 60's!

And that is very much a COMPLIMENT!

me!

Your seeing the rewards of another good implemented smallmouth program from the TVA. Even a few years ago..it was not that good. But not long ago they drawed the lake WAY down(somekind of ramp work or somethin') and it cleared the lake up a little. Well it just keeps gettin' clearer every year and that's a good recipe for smallies.

I haven't been to C-land in a long time(about 10 years ago) but, it sounds like it's on the re-bound.

A 12? Walleye? Surely not a 12 Smally LOL!

Hey I'm ready...let me know when your ready to head down for a weekend or somethin'...I've already got cabin fever really bad!

You hookin' up with us around the first part of April for the Holler? I think Barb and Kim will have a lot in common and will be able to"talk some smack" about us LOL(of course we can do the same).....

BTW..Me is right...Don't let Barb cut that hair! Kim got her's cut years ago and won't go back...she keeps it shorter than mine(which is O.K.) but, like most men..prefer it long.:)

TEE

Tee...

The reported 12 was a SMALLIE!!!

We are planning to hook up for the holler... but if I get onto the smallies the way I think we are going to (at Cumberland) we might just have to talk...

I don't have to worry about Barb cutting her hair, she's very "attached" to it the way it is.

Trep, the 'eye didn't make the dinner table, it swam away nicely.. if'n I thought I would've caught more, I wouldve kept the rest tho... (I always release the first one caught!)

Greg,

How does one "target" 'eyes ?? This particular one hit at the bank on a 4" grub whilest fishing for smallies...

Anytime Simmy! As far as the eyes...your doin' the right thing with a grub and cold water. Here's what I do up here for eyes...I take and pinch the tail off and tip it with a small bass minny and make short hops back to the boat. You don't need the action of the tail and coincides with their slow metabolism. This time of year I don't think you could go wrong with chartruese...you can get eyes and brownies on this bait.

A 12 lb. smallie? I'm ready dude...seriously! You still have my number?

TEE

DUUUUUUUUUDDDE!!!!!!

Sim i may just have to hook up with ya....it will probally be a few weeks before Iam able to go but i wanna go. I always wanted to fish Cumberland but could never get anyone to go (they said it was to far). Lets talk about it for later this month or early Feb. I have a few boat shows I want to attend. Keep me posted.

Donnie

Toxic, yes, I did get the box~!! many thanks!!!

Don... just let me know when you want to go... we are going to try for any/all decent weekend days we can get... let me know when you have a day free.

I'm still not sure what boat shows I am going to go to, if any... what I want is deals/info on tackle... new boats are a "bonus" right now...

Tee... I still have your number... if'n you all get a weekend free, let me know, we'll make the run.

Sounds like a mini rally is brewing???? I would like to get the tracker out and fish some cold weather, but Iam like you Sim I need a decent weekend day to do it. I will keep ya' posted

Hey Donnie...I'm ready dude! Maybe I could pick ya' up and head down and meet Sim....whatya' think? Of course this weeks lookin' awfully cold ...at least here anyway.Like you said,"maybe a couple weeks".

Heck it's only 4 hours away for me...:)

TEE

Iam in like Flynn!! Let Git 'er done!! couple weeks or three would be great!!

Donnie

The wife and I have figured out that 30-45 really isn't all that cold, provided that you bundle up good in layers...

It's the rain/snow that will keep me off the lake, but the temps are'nt bad anymore.

The day we need to look for and plan is partly/mostly cloudy with some wind (5-10) and I think we will be in the mix.

I am hoping to go this weekend (probably saturday) to scout out 1-2 more new areas... once that is done, I think we will be in the hunt for the beasties!

The Launch point will be jamestown marina, straight down 127.

Latest posts

Back