Hey B.J.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Did you see that Eddie Sutton was unanimously voted the Big-12 coach of the year? I think that's GREAT! Eddie is a cool guy. One of the great basketball coaches of our time. He could be making the big big money at some big east coast school but he wanted to finish out his carrer at his school. That's class. Bobby Knight should take a lesson from the master.

Harpo

Always liked Eddie Sutton. Remember him from the good old SWC days. Don't waste your breath on advice for Knight.

While I would agree with a great many people that he can certainly coach basketball, I also agree with another group.

I don't want any of my kids, grandkids, etc.; anywhere around him.

Tex

Tex, I don't know if you get any news on Knight out there on the east coast but all reports say he's pretty much done for at Texas Tech. He got into a F-bomb shouting tirade with the chancellor of the university at a salad bar in a grocery store in the area. It's being called Salad Bar Gate. Since then Knight has practally stopped coaching. If his team is down he just sits with his arms crossed and pouts. The work is this is his last year at Tech. I hope it's his last year in coaching.

Harpo

Anyone who can stand up and give the (although it is classic) "bury me upside down" speach in front of a huge crowd has no business coaching kids. What kind of example is that? Maybe he will go coach the pros where the players can give him a little of his own medicine.

Wolf

Yes I saw it!!!!! I was very excited, did you see that two Cowboys were voted player of the year and rookie of the year (depending on what pole you look at!)

BJ

Harpo,

I did follow that with some interest, but thought that it had been resolved. However, your info is new to me.

It will be interesting to watch.

Tex

Latest posts

Back