Here you go Trep.....perfect for pulling tin!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Trep,...this is YOU!!! Everything you ever wanted in a family/tow vehicle!! Giter-Done!!

HHR: GREAT UTILITY, STYLISH PACKAGE, ATTRACTIVE PRICE .... Chevrolet has announced U.S. pricing for the 2006 Chevy HHR, starting at $15,990. The HHR will be offered in three different models. The MSRP for the LS will be $15,990. The MSRP for the HHR 1LT will be $16,990. Pricing for the 2LT will be $18,790. Pricing includes destination and freight charges.

The HHR is designed for consumers who need the storage of a utility, the ride comfort of a car, and styling that lets them stand out from the crowd. The vehicle offers a complete fold-flat interior, from the front passenger area to the liftgate - large enough to fit an 8' extension ladder. HHR offers several other convenient storage areas including an auxiliary glove box, two large storage bins behind the rear seat, and holders for plastic bags on the rear compartment bin.

In addition to all the great utility, HHR is offered in vibrant exterior colors including Daytona Blue Metallic, Sunburst Orange II Metallic, Sport Red, Silverstone Metallic and a vehicle exclusive Majestic Amethyst Metallic.

Standard features on the LS and LT models include air conditioning, power windows, door locks and outside mirrors, six-speaker CD stereo with auxiliary input jack for iPods or other devices, and remote keyless entry. Additional features include a driver information center and driver and front passenger frontal air bags. Available options include remote start (standard with an automatic transmission), an upgraded audio system, sunroof with express open and close, and 16" and 17" wheel options. Head curtain side air bags for front- and rear-seat outboard passengers are also optional

ChevyHHR.jpg

What engine Mac?

Actaully that little Equinox is a good lookin' little SUV...if ya' wanna' call it that:)

I think it's just a 2.4 liter 4cyl.....145 hp or something......good'nuff for crappie boats!! LOL

huh, it kinda looks like a dodge durango.

What's the 2LT model? A 4wd or bigger motor?

I agree with Jim B... cept more of a cross between the durango and pt cruiser.

Kind of looks like an old Willy's Overland or a 1954 Chevy Station Wagon... Some ways we are going full circle back to those vehicles of yesterday... The Family Wagon was a good choice for most families... The Minivan even better... A good solid box with seats...

Mac - Always keeping my eyes open, but gotta see what the tow capacity is on that one. Most of the 4 cylinder unibodies (PT Cruiser, Mazda Protege5, Saturn Wagons...) only are rated for 1000 lbs, so my 17-1900 lb tracker is too big!

Trep

good call Mike. Its like a durango front and a pt cruiser back.

Ya wanna know why it looks like a PT Cruiser?.....'Cuz GM hired (stole) the guy away from DMC who designed the PT to design this HHR!!..LOL (I will keep my opinion about THAT, to myself!)

A little late for the PT Cruiser bandwagon dontcha think Mac? The retro craze continues with the Mustang and that Merc sedan. GM needs to come out with something other than that 2 seater mutant truck. It looks nice but not really a sports wagon or a puller either. The whole rear is taken up with the retractable top. I'm a little bored with the current offerings out of Detroit.

TOXIC

I don't design them Tox,...I just do what I'm told (most of the time)!!.LOL The first thing I thought of when I saw it was,.."It looks like a PT!!",..and that's what EVERYONE says,...ahahaha. You mean to tell me we don't have ANY designers that can come up with something original?? WTF. Regardless,..if it doesn't have any cahonies,..and can't tow a bassboat, then it's useless in my book!! LOL.

The new pickups are coming out next year,.....that'll tell the real "turn around" story real quick! We'll either be headed in the right direction with both barrels blazing,....or we'll be in DEEEEEEEEP do-do. (Of course the Exec's don't care,...they may get fired,...but their "severance pkgs" will be worth million's...and if their turn around plan works,...their "bonuses" will be worth even more,....the only people that really LOSE, are the US workers and the suppliers!!)

Only in America...

Carry on,

Mac

Rumor has it the BIG THREE may be on there way out....AND that most will lose what retirement they have:(

There ya' go people...you may have what you wanted:angry:

The big 3 is already down to 2.....and shrinking.

Seriously! And GM and Ford just want to keep farming work out to other countries and people like GW let it happen.

Although these guys that (worked )for GM and Ford for years and made a killin' are now even sweatin' it:eek:

AND car companies coming out with a 10 year warranty is also puttin' the hurt on em':p

ALTHOUGH...I've always said that a car with a 10 year warranty won't do you any good when your vehicle is in the shop every other day:angry:

My buddy just bought a new Dodge Hemi truck and it's been in the shop more than it's been on the road. And the kicker is...he just traded in an 02' Dakota RT for the same reason...it has more O2 sensors and crap on it than I've ever seen. In the process of fixing one of the sensors...they strppied the threaded bung and now have to order a new downpipe:wacko:

GM and Ford HAVE to farm out all this work just to try and stay competative in a global environment. It doesn't do us any good here,...but that's the fact Jack!! We're paying the price now for all the perks that were so prevalent 20-30yrs ago when the foreign company's were still foreign and the BIG 3 were the only players here!! Keep in mind also that the foreign mfgr's are non-union (even the domestic foreign mfgrs here)...and when they pay their workers a fraction of what the UAW "demands" for their work....we can no longer compete on a level field!! Japanese auto workers on avg. make @ $20-25/hr including benefits. Mexican workers make significantly LESS than that,...and Chinese workers even LESS than Mexico!!! Here's the real kicker,...those workers would stand in line for HOURS and DAYS at a time just to apply for a job there,...because it would raise their standard of living significantly to make auto wages vs. anything else they could make in a non-auto job.....they are experiencing now,..what the US Auto workers did 30yrs ago. Labor in those countries is plentiful and cheap (supply and demand). The UAW here has yet to recognize the fact that they are killing themselves by being rather uncooperative when it comes to giving up some of the perks that we can no longer afford to pay!! GM Salaried workers have to pay 27% of our health care costs......the UAW members pay 7% and they refuse to even consider giving anything up until they renegotiate the Nat'l contract in 2007. It could very well be too late by then....The domestic auto mfgrs will be forced to close even MORE plants, and outsource MORE work just to afford the exisitng liabilities they're faced with now!! Those being pensions, retirements, and out of control health care. This US auto industry is a house of cards right now that has reached it's peak,...and now we have to deal with the foreign companies who are shaking the table!! The union leadership can either lend a hand and help us steady the table,......or they can slide their chairs back and walk away,..game over. I think they'll help us,....eventually and reluctantly...but only AFTER considerable pressure from OEM suppliers.

We're witnessing massive changes in the American way of life right now,....our comfort zones are being radically altered and we don't like it....but that's the way it is. It's not GWB's fault,...it's the global economy's fault. It sux to be on top of the world when every other player wants to take you down and take your spot!!

But I could still blame 50,000 other things on GW.

The "old Yeller Dog" didn't make it this time;)

All you have to do is set around and say," Notgonn' doit...Notgonna'":lol:

Latest posts

Back