Help !!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Heine

Reaction score
I was towing the boat to work this morning and I think I may have blown a seal on the trailer. There is a little bit of grease leaking on the inside of the hub. Is this leakage or did it or is it about to go ? I am sitting at my desk now and we are supposed to leave straight from work tonight. The trailer is a 97 Trailstar. I called the local dealership and they said there are two different models of hub replacement kits they sell. I do not know what size mine is. Any ideas ? Ken, are you out there ? If anyone knows for sure, please let me know so I can have my buddy pick up the kit. Thanks guys Or is this normal for the grease to leak on the inside as well ????? I think not ?

sounds like maybe the inner seal has gone out. When you pull the hub off, if the axle spindle is tapered the size would be a 1 1/16 x 1 3/8 inch seal, and bearing, and hub. Replaced the hubs on mine (98' LX700 model) a couple months ago and it was this size. other than that, i think you have to take them apart to tell what sizes. hope this helps some.

jd

Back