Help Getting Disabled Into Boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Lowe

Reaction score
My wife has severe rheumatoid arthritis which makes like difficult, especially climbing steps and such. I have a 1997 Nitro 700LX dual console & want her to go with me, but she is concerned about getting in and out of boat. The ramp I use does have a courtesy dock but it is not the easiest to use. I had thought of getting a little 2 step deal which she could use to climb in the front of boat from ramp & then another little step off the deck to the floor of boat. Any suggestions.

I think it would be better if you are able to use a dock to back deck approach; I believe the back deck has a longer stretch of gunwhale that would be a better deck to deck matchup. It might even be easier to lash up more securely. Then I would build a simple ramp/bridge that you could throw in the boat or haul back to the tow vehicle if necessary.

There is also a rail system that attaches to the back deck somehow. I believe I seen it over on the BBC site;)

Thanks guys. We may go down today. Gonna take a step stool & also try the dock & see how it goes.

Good luck with it! Hope it works. I still have yet to get my wife to go with me!! Not sure if thats a good or a bad thing!! HA!! Good luck out there.

Latest posts

Back