Head Scratcher

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
This isn't about my boat, it is on my Jeep Wrangler. I've got one taillight that blinks dim and alternates with the backuplight;):huh: I thought I had a short in my 4 prong so I ordered a nice system that plugs directly into the wiring harness on both sides. Replaced both bulbs, drilled a new ground direct to the frame, used dielectic grease on all the connections and the dang thing still does it. What am I missing?

TOXIC

Time to trade it for a Land Rover. :p

Going off roading tomorrow. Can't wait.

Just use the Exploder. The fault may not be at the light but further up in the wireing? On second thought the short is in the light assembly. Like Teri said just replace the Jeep.......

BF

P.S the only place the back up light and the turn signal connect is at the light.

Don't listen to those heathens, keep the Jeep! They probably never owned one and just dont understand...

Buy a light assembly at a junk yard and see if that is the problem.

Rich D

I seem to recall on my 1999 Jeep Cherokee that they had some sort of box in the back as part of the wiring harness... what would happen is that corrosion could get into the guts of that and cause all kinds of issues.

Don't know if that helps you, but I remeber it.

Also - check all of your bulbs. Don't know the specifics of Jeep, but a shorted bulb (even in another part of the car) can cause issues.

david.....

Latest posts

Back