Has it really come down to this?...Right to hunt, fish on ballot in four states

• Thread starter Mike L. [URL]http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101014/o
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike L.

Reaction score
Yikes...Has it really come down to this?

I just saw this and was schocked.

Just doesn't seem right to me that something as basic in life

as fishing & hunting can be at risk enough to need laws to enable us to

continue enjoying our hobbies.

If you are from these four states does it seem like the public is for or against this?

Right To Hunt, Fish on Ballot in 4 States

By Ed Stoddard and Tim Gaynor Ed Stoddard And Tim Gaynor
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101014/od_nm/us_hunting_amendments

This will NEVER see the light of day. There is no way that you are going to get hardly anyone that is in Congress to submit something like this as a Constitutional admendment, much less through one of the committee's.

Tex

Tex - I believe we're talking state constitutions in Ax, Ak, SC and Tn - not the U.S. Constitution. Regardless of the chances of success or not, its a good push back to the so-called "animal rights" extremists who would see all animals considered equal (or even superior) to human beings.

I think they should tell the supporters/authors of those bills: "Yes,...we will support that ammendment, but FIRST,...we will require the unarmed, animal rights loving author's of this bill to be locked in a small cabin in the woods for a weekend, with 2 bears, 3 wolves and a coyote. On Monday morning at 8am we will unlock the doors and let everyone out for further discussion,...agreed???":cool:

No, there would be a mass revolt if these rights were taken away in TN. I think they are wanting to protect this for down the road. I won't say everything I want to.

Everyone needs to be part of a membership charging org that helps to protect guys like us....I am a card carrying NRA member. Personally I think the NRA could use their monies a little more efficiently by going after the Libs instead sending out all the mailers, but I know they work hard.

FYI the membership gives other benefits as well....insurance, legal insurance, discounts with merchants etc....you can easily make your money back with the discounts.

something to think about.

Went through that here in Georgia. It's part of the state constitution now.

It's a shame that it has to be done, but in our society we have to protect dang near everything that was once taken for granted or the secular, minority viewpoint against the idea will take it away at a given opportunity. :(

It needs to be done to protect our rights as a hunters and fishing persons, from stupid people.

BF