Grapevine TX Bass Pro Shops - thumbs up

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I'm near Dallas, picking up our second Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy tomorrow. My wife booked our room at the Embassy Suites, which is connected to the BPS here. Sweet! After a trip to the Dallas Aqarium and some other shopping today, we walked over to Bass Pro. This store was pretty darn nice! Gun counter guy was polite and quick, although slightly less than the knowledge level regarding scopes than I had hoped for... So I'm still without the scope I wanted. Dispay of gear was impressive. Wish the San Antonio store would take a lesson from this one. Every treestand, ladder stand, tripod and feeder was set up and easy to see. Nice selection in the fishing dept. Helpful and polite guy at the marine counter. Huge number of animal displays - both mounted, as well as a live snake display right over the snake boots (fitting!). Well worth a stop if you are in the area. Hotel is nice too.

All the best,

Glenn

Glen - It is a great store (or at least was 11 years ago when they opened!!LOL) I used to work for GTE Telephone and spent 1/week a month in Los Colinas and we'd hit the new BPS Grapevine a few times a week for lunch or after work.

Lets see some pics of the Pup!

Is that the one with the brewery attached???I've been to that one great store.

It is the one with the brewery attached (Uncle Bucks restaraunt and brewery)

Pics are coming soon. Stopped in Buda at Cabelas to let the pup go out and stretch our legs. Getting back on the road now. Should be home in a few hours. Can't wait to see our other RR's reaction to the new one.

All the best,

Glenn

I was at the Grapevine store many times....did many spring classics there for both All Star and Bass Pro.

Big Bucks Restaurant and Brewery....originally from Michigan. The one in the northern lower peninsula is still open, the one down the street from auburn hills store is closed.

Sorry I didn't see your message or know you were here. Would have liked to meet you and enjoy a cold one. Maybe next time. Actually, my wife and I were in Grapevine Mills on Saturday, and asked if I wanted to go to BPS. Didn't have a need, so we passed.

Looking forward to hearing about the homecoming with the pup and seeing some pic's.

Tex

Couple of pics of the new puppy (Merlot) and our older Rhodesian Ridgeback (Grace):

DSCF1343.jpg

DSCF1341.jpg

DSCF1339.jpg

DSCF1338.jpg

DSCF1344.jpg

Tex,

Sorry I missed ya'. This was the first time in well over 20+ years that I've actually gone somewhere and was NOT on a schedule. We didn't have to be anywhere at anytime, and it was AWESOME. All of our vacations have been "Go here, then be there, and don't miss the .... blah, blah, blah..." This was only a mini-vacation for us, but it was so nice! I can't wait to go on a real vacation like this. We ain't plannin' nuthin! :lol:

Mini,

I'm not sure if they renamed it or not, but this was "Uncle Bucks Brewery and Steakhouse": http://www.unclebucks.com/

It was "ok". We ate there, but for the price, we could have went somewhere with better food in my opinion. My food was decent, but not worth half the price I paid. Living in TX, I've become accustomed to great food, great flavor, and plenty of it - this place didn't really fit the bill. The service wasn't bad, but could have been much better. There were two other small families in there besides us, and I saw about 5 servers - but we all were waiting on everything - drinks, food, appetizers, check, etc... They weren't rude or anything, but they all seemed fairly clueless. We were all wondering just what the heck they were all doing while we just sat there looking at each other across a empty restaurant.

All the best,

Glenn

They probably renamed it....unless I am thinking of a different BPS in TX....Dallas IS grapevine correct?

Yep. Looks like there are a bunch of Uncle Bucks Brewery and Steakhouse places on that link, including one in Detroit. Some of the menu, especially the appetizers, was identical to offerings at the San Antonio BPS restaraunt - but that restaurant is a fish house - Islamorada Fish Company. BPS probably either owns a chain with different themes for various locations, or they hired out a company that does.

All the best,

Glenn

There are actually two BPS Stores in the Dallas area. The original with is in Grapevine, and the other on Lake Ray Hubbard in E. Dallas, right off of I30.

Most everyone (except those that actually live in Grapevine) generally refer to the Grapevine store as the 'Dallas BPS'. Of course now the people in E. Texas and on the East side of Dallas mostly all go to the one out on I30.

Glenn - we have specialized in the 'do as we want' vacations the past 6-8 years - when we go somewhere. Drives my wife nuts, but she's getting used to it.

Tex

Grapevine is Dallas, Ray Hubbard is Garland.

Maybe Johnny bought Big BUck and changed it to Uncle Buck's.

Glenn the directions on that link are for Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World. NOT Uncle Buck's.

When Jonny was up here in Detroit for the Grand Opening he fell in love with Big Bucks. The Dallas store was the next one in the chain and they added the store next door.

Rumor was that they were going to be in every Outdoor World retail location....I guess that didnt pan out...lol

Never made it west of the Mississippi for BPS other than SPG numerous times, but seen pics of the TX stores. (My kids began to arrive and travelling became less and less appealing!) I remember when they were building them hearing quite often, "Everything's big in Texas!" They sure seem to have expressed it with the store! :D

Glenn - That pup is ADORABLE!!! (The older one, too!!!) :wub: I'll have to let this thread roll down a bit before my oldest boy sees it and we're out pup shopping again! :lol: Luckily, he's got his heart set on a Welsh Corgi and I haven't found many to see yet. Enjoy your pup(s)!

Back