Good Morning from Shanghai where BEER is cheaper then Coke!!!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Gang,

Well 1 week in Shanghai and let me tell you, at the local downtown grocery store (so it won't be the cheapest store in town) I can get a 600 ml (about 20 ounces, or a little more then 1.5 12 oz beers) Chinese beer for 55 CENTS! Yes that's right boys in a grocery store BEER is cheaper then bottled water and soda!!! I told Beka "When we move over, i'm just having a beer truck pull up to the apartment and off load my years drinking liquid for like $100!!!! LOL

Now imported beer is a bit more, unless the brewery has a Chinese bottling plant like Bud, but MAN i'm gonna love this place!!!

Uncle Billy - I'm still on my pain meds, though taking less each week, i just hope i get off them soon and can't wait till 9 months or so when I get implants and can start eating real food again!!

Trep

can't wait till 9 months or so when I get implants

The possibilities for rude and tasteless jokes are practically un-limited. :lol::lol::lol::p

Morning Trep, but by now - it's way past morning where you are at!

Trepper with implants. Hmmmmm. With those knobby knees that he has, the sight will be something to see (sorry, couldn't resist). :p:p:p

Have a great day everyone!

Tex

beer cheaper than water - no hangovers if you stay buzzed, there's just that pesky job issue to worry with:D

Morning: Now send us some pictures to view of your area Trep.:)

In heaven there is no beer..thats why we drink it here or so goes the song.

Watch the self medicating with hops and barley pain killers. Have a good time.

fatrap

Watch out for the jellyfish......on the table I mean....after too many of those cheap brewskis you could get tempted to eat some of that wilder stuff over there.

Mac they used to put Formaldehyde in all that beer from the Asian markets when they sent it overseas. Damn stuff would tear us up in Spain and other Med countries back in the 70's. Had to drink the local European beer to not get the Formaldehyde squirts(yuck). Luckily Hieniken and Lowenbrau were "local" to the European markets. Trep I am sure your system will adjust after a few rounds per day.

They "embalmed" their beer?!...:blink:....makes sense!! After 6 of those I had rigormortis too!! :rolleyes:

I would buy a beer for 55cents any day. Brings back the days of drinking one Miller Lite for the intial taste and then slamming down Busch Light for the rest. Enjoy your stay!

Mac - It was both Chinese (TsingTao) and Japan (Ashahi, Kirin, Sapporo) and it tastes realy good!!

Fool - We are still in negotiations with our landlord for the lease but here is a shot from the livingroom of the apartment we are dealing on. Its on the top 2 floors of a 30 story building, will be a new experience coming from a single family house the last 15 years. But its a great area, lots of kids, indoor pool for the boys, activities, school bus picks up for this compound RIGHT outside our building. Its about a 30 min school bus ride for the boys, and about 30 mins car/taxi ride for me to the office.

Those are conoes in the bottom right corner (white things) there are about 50 in the complext to "rent" for like 50 cents a day. the water ways you see go ALL over the compound around each of the "townhouses" on one side and there is 10X more of those units and water to play in. Don't know yet if its fishable, but we'll find out. We looked at the lowrise townhouses but they are so full here in shanghai (we could not even look at 4-5 of the complexed recommended because they are 100% occupied with waiting lists) and the lower units are too small for a family of 3.

More pics later.

pic from penthouse for web.JPG

Almsot like germany, soda is more expensive then the beer!!

Do not forget...

BEER IS FOOD!!!!!

Me so happy , me play joke, me go pee pee in the Coke . yayaya:D

Mark G

It looks good to me Michael and it sounds like a great place for the boys.. I'm still on my pain medication and have implants too, isn't that amazing? We share so much.:(

When you want to know what to expect from the implants, just ask and I'll tell you. HeHeHeHe

Uncle Billy

Hey Trep, My brother in law goes to China on business several times a year. In fact he and my sister leave Knoxville Thursday at 0530. They will be there until 6/27. Any way, last night at dinner he told me that Budweiser is also cheaper than coffee over there! I hope that you and your family have a good time, he loves it. My sister is really looking forward to traveling and seeing the Great Wall, Teracotta(sp?) Warriors, etc.

Steve

Looks like a good place to fish from the patio!!!

Bob G.

Just think Trep,.....you could have your very own "chit" in China,....even Mini doesn't fish there!!....If you jerk a toad carp out from under that bridge,...STAKE A CLAIM,.....if you ever see a local fishing it,..tellem,.."Beat it!!,...you're fishin MY CHIT!!";):rolleyes:

I know China is pretty far west of here or east of here depending on your perspective, but I didn't think it was so far that left became right. :lol:

Trep: Have a good time. Remeber that there are es-pee-vies everywhere you go. v/r Mountain Man

Latest posts

Back