Goin HD, anyone have the Dish Network 25 package?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
Does anyone have the new Dish Network HD packages? I'm goin with the Bronze package, they now have 25 HD channels, including Monsters hd, universal HD, HDnet, Rush hd, to name a few, I called every company I know, and Dish is the only one with this many HD channels, it will look good on my new 42 INCH LCD wall mount Flate screen I just ordered for the home, Now I wll have 2 HDTV's to watch, the other one is a 51 inch Wide screeen Hitachi Ultravision HDTV. Just seein if anyone has the new 25 channel HD package, and if you's like it

I wanted to add HD as I have the 180 package and they wanted to charge me $100 for the receiver plus installation and then it was another $20 a month for the channels. I'm already paying $75 a month for the 180 plus 4 TV's and a DVR. I told them to stick it!

I had It..To much money for what you get..They show the same shows over and over..They have the kungfu channel also....It's just not worth the money....Picture Is great on those channels though........JR:D

I have the silver package. What sucks is the Outdoor Channel is NOT included like it says on their website. Also, you have to pay $10 for the Gold pkg in order to get OLN.

Dont do it!!! I thought I wanted the HD package and it was over $100. Dish Network charges you $5 for a receviver $5 for the DVR and $5 every time you change a package. Thier customer service really sucks!! They screwed me out of $80. Let's put it this way, I have a 60 inch HD TV and all I have is the basic $29 package and my bill is stil $70 after the DVR fee, HD reciever fee, and a couple other things. Basically there is not enough HD chanels to fool with it IMHO. I am seriusly thinking about buying out of contrct so I dont have to pay them anymore money.

I you do decide to do it email me and I will tell you what to watch out for. But spend a few dollars and get a antenna and you can get most of your loacal channels in HD.

Donnie

I am seriusly thinking about buying out of contrct so I dont have to pay them anymore money.

Who do you think is going to get the money when you breach your contract?:wacko:

Either you complete your monthly commitment, or you break your contract; Either way, you are going to have to pay them money.:wacko:

I can pay them less if I break my monthly contract. I can pay them $250 and get out or I can continue to pay them $75 for the next 12 months. Basically I have to pay off the equipment I got for the HD package. I am really considering paying them the $250. I hate it every month I write the check. If they would disclose all the hidden fes up front I probally would have never signed with them.

Donnie

Man you guys must get screwed......I am getting HD cuz I now have 2 HDTV's, I was gonna get Comcast, but they wanted 60 bucks a month for 7 HD channels, and digital plus, when I called Dish, they are giving me the Bronze HD package for 61.99/month, thats 80 regular channels, 25 HD, locals and the receiver TOTAL price per month. They will move my current set-up free of charge, and waive the 79.00 HD receiver fee.....thats why I'm getting it, not sure why you guys were gettin charged 100 bucks????? My package now is only 60 channel at 40 bucks a month with locals, also DONJOVI, they do not charge you 5 per reciever, you must have talked to a kid or somethin, the hd/dvr is the same receiver, so its 5 bucks for that, not 5 seperate;)

The trick is with either DirecTV or Dish, that if you are NOT a current client, you get all kinds of deals. If you are a current client, you just keep paying. I'm a DirecTV subscriber (and have been for a long time), and I don't get much in the way of deals.

However, I get the Dish deals in the mail/phone all the time.

Right now, I have 'regular satellite from DirecTV, with no HD (I don't have an HD set as yet).

Tex

Ya see Texas thats what I'm sayin, I got a deal too, and I am a current customer, after talkin with Dish a few times, they agreed to waive my fees for a current customer to upgrade and move, after I kept sayin I was goin to Comcast, they took me as an irate customer, and I got a call and the guy worked a deal with me, so I'm happy:D

Latest posts

Back