Glad to be alive....

• Thread starter gone bye bye [URL]http://www.lakestclair.net/forum
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mini - You are one lucky dude! What's the scoop on the boat???? Glad to know you and your buddy are none worse for the wear. Could have been drastic. Always a good tip to let someone else drive if you are over tired, even if it is a short drive. Says something about the airbags. Was that what allowed you to walk away?

Mini -- You obviously had someone other than just your partner riding with you...

Very glad you are alright....

You can replace your "stuff" but we can't replace you.....

JJ...

Glad to hear you made it through, Mini.....

Who woulda kept Hooters in business?

All those young ladies woulda been so heartbroken that they'd likely have joined the convent.

Your grave would have been marked with All Star rods in the shape of a cross.

Or an Opti standing on it's head with the prop turning in the wind.

Really am glad you came out ok!

God Bless!

me!

Wow those pictures are scary! Im glad nobody got hurt.

MAN Mini, that is some scary stuff!!!

First and foremost i'm VERY glad you and your partner survived mostly unscathed!!!

I just loaded the wife and kids up in the new minivan for a 2 day drive (just them, i'm working and fishing) so i'll impart your words of safety and wisdom on Beka.

Let us know how you progress.

Trep

They're BOTH extremely lucky!! Seeing the boat and truck in person is even worse!! Especially the truck.....amazing that nobody was seriousley hurt or killed!! Unreal!!

Mini,...I want to see copies of the pix's I took y'day...make sure to get double prints!! (Holler if you need anymore Taxi service too.......can do!!)

Mac

Glad to hear you walked away Mini....who was tht ugly dude in the pictures ?

Pierre

glad you are ok! just remember....boats....cars....trucks....all are replaceable!

bryan

Dude, that sucks! But like everyone said, at least you're OK. The truck can be replaced and the boat repaired, but it ain't easy fishing from the ICU or 6 feet under. Been there, done that with the falling asleep thing. I pulled over though, couldn't go another minute and knew it. Now somebody needs to show this to Buzz! That crazy Vermonter drives to TX and back without sleep. Well, if you get your way to NY, you can always fish from a Ranger.

Whew. Scary thought. Like the others, glad that you and your partner are doing allright.

On my drive back from Texas, pulling a trailer loaded with furniture, I started to get drowsy around Spartanburg (SC). Pulled into a Burger King - washed up, got some coffee and checked my alertness. That's what I needed, but was all ready to pack it in - though only about 80 miles from the house.

I'll have some trips home after longer tourneys this fall, and will keep my sense about me. Especially after seeing/hearing your story.

Tex

Glad to hear you and your buddy are OK!

Must have been some scary stuff.

Any Pics of that new AllStar Skeeter?

Phwew! Prayers of thanks are due (and I'm sure offered already)! =^) Horrible feeling to see the aftermath, but good feeling knowing you obviously had someone watching over you both. Injured shoulders can be a bear - been there, done that, got the t-shirt (just couldn't get my arm in the sleeve...). Prayers for a quick heal going up.

Daaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm!What happened Mini....give us the scoop.

TEE

Mini ! Don't scare us like that. Really glad your ok.Even though we've never met in person I like to some day. I always wear a seat belt. I offer my help in any way, though it may not be worth much at this distance,still if there is anything let me know.

Were the Hooter girls hert at all ???

Okay, I saw the pics... I have two questions... 1) how did the passenger's side back glass make it through the wreck unscathed? 2) Are those bullet holes beneath the driver's door handle?

Mini,

Glad you made it out unscathed, that is one mussed up truck!

mini,

Goes without saying that we are glad you and your partner are OK. I feel your pain. I hit a semi head on with a jeep wrangler and walked away (after I came out of the coma a month later). If you need some R&R time, c'mon down to the TOXIC crib here in VA, fridge is full and we will do some rehabilitation on that shoulder....casting exercises!!

TOXIC

Wow.

You got someone lookin out for you! I hate to ask, but were you towing the new Skeeter at the time?

Either way, glad you are still around!

Rich D

Glad to hear you're OK Mini!!!

It's been said before, but it doesn't matter how many toys you have if you don't have your health!!!

hang tough and heal up,

az

Those pictures look harsh,

GLad to hear your ok!

Ok here is the skinny....

On my way back from the AuGres launch to the campground in Pinconning (1/2 hour drive) we got about a mile from the campground when I nodded off.

The truck went into the ditch and launched off of the next driveway into the air (yes, Skeeter was in tow). The truck then hit a telephone pole about 7 feet off the ground (that is the only thing I remeber seeing) sheared the pole clean in half and the trailer tires hit the driveway and ripped the coupler from the ball hitch. The trailer stayed in the driveway nose in and the Skeeter launched in the air (the bow stand stayed attached to the boat and the back tie down hooks straightend out). The truck hit and rolled (which way I dont know) a couple times and landed on the roof. The boat landed 20 feet behind the truck on its hull but the trolling motor had been ripped off my the power lines (which were hot). The lines laid across the trailer and were sparking along with smoldering a fire in the ditch where I originally went in. I cam to, hearing my partner calling for me to get out of the truck (he was already out) and I hit my seat belt latch and fell to the roof and crawled out of the drivers side door. I about got sick when I saw that beatiful boat sitting on the nice wet grass (it had just rained) but at least it was hull down and the motor was still attached. It looks as if the Skeeter will be fine after the nose is repaired from the damage the bow stand did. There was not another thing broken on or in the boat including the 25 or so All Star Rods except three of four battery trays.....the truck and trailer are a different story as you can see.

Yes they are bullet holes (stickers) used to cover scratches....I dont know how any piece of glass made it through, but the back hatch and rear pass. side did. I will try to post more pics soon. I still dont know how we made it out of it alive. We were standing next to the wreckage when the people that lived in th house came running outside.

Mini

Happy you'all made it ok...thanks to seat belts/air bags (modern tech), old fashioned luck and maybe some help from above. I have been in a similar situation only never fell asleep. After nudging from my wife, I got a sleep study test and discovered I had sleep apnea. Now sleep with a cpap and get a good nights sleep [in bed, not in the car].

Sorry to prothelize, but some of us are large, and snore all night. I was lucky to find out before I had an accident. Not making any suggestions that Mini is in that situation, however others may be and this may be the 'wake-up call' needed to get that sleep study test.

Again, Mini, happy you are alright; hope all the aches and pains work themselves out quickly so you can be back out on the water soon.

Hey Mini... Glad you can type... Couple of comments...

One.If you are gonna have the Truck customized... ya know... "Chopped and raked"... use a body shop man....

And, two, brings to mind a comment my Dad made about me... Some people are lucky to be alive... Others... well you just can't kill a man that was born to be hanged!!!!

Yesterday, when Mini and I went back to the "scene", the owner of the house was sitting in his front yard just relaxing and passing time......so we got out and talked to him. He was glad to see Mini again and we chatted for a few minutes. He is 85yrs old and quite chipper to say the least!! He was talking to another guy there who is doing the yard/driveway repair work and I over heard him tell that guy..."Awhile ago somebody asked me,.."Why do you suppose God let you live so long?!...85 years is a long time,...that's GREAT!"...the old guy replied,..."I think God let me live long enough to straighten a few bastards out, that needed straightnin' out!!!".....LOL....I had to turn around and walk away,...I thought that was priceless!! LOL,...still makes me smile just thinkin' about that!!

I firmly believe that only when it is "your time" is it truly "your time". My jeep wreck convinced me of that. Hit a semi head on on the interstate and went through the windshield six times. He kept hitting me and knocking me forward (it was on ice). Strangest thing of all.......I had my girlfriend at the time with me and I managed to push her under the dash. She got 3 stitches in her head and that was it. This was before air bags and shoulder straps also.

mini now knows what I mean.

TOXIC

Dam Dude,

Those pictures are way worse than what I imagined. We are all glad your alive. Like I said, if you need ANYTHING just give me a call.

Times like this is why we have to live for the momment. This could have happened to any of us and next time we may not be so lucky.

Be careful everyone. We don't need our next Rally to be an NTOWS funeral.

Marke

Glad you are alive and kickin'. Maybe that's Gods way of telling you that you need a good woman to ***** at you so you'll stay awake!

Mac, I am tickling your funny bone the past few days. I love it!

Mini.....Glad to hear you came thru with only minor injurys. I think it's a testament to the advances in safety that vehicle makers have made in the last 15 years. Thank goodness we have some smart engineers and Law makers.

get back on the horse...

Bill

Wow what a story Mac...Glad your O.K! And yeas..I'm a firm believer if you'd been in somethin' else other than that"Bullet proof Chevy"....It might have been a different story. Those things sure do have a short wheelbase though!

TEE

Mini, Good to hear you made it through the accident. I had a head-on collision full speed in a bass boat and ended up with a broken back in four places when I hit the water. The boat circled over me and the prop cut a ten inch rip through my pant leg, but missed my leg....I also have suvived a tornado lifting my boat out of the water (but that's another story).......Some of us have to have a guardian angel. I feel I have a few. Give a BIG "THANK YOU" to yours.

Tom

Mini, welcome to the first day of the rest of your life.

Glad to know you're still with us.

Wow...scary pics. Glad all is well and I for one will be more careful after seeing that.

--Corey

All I can say is....WOW!

"Things" can be replaced, thank God you and your partner were able to get out, and will be ok......

I take a lesson from this, and will now pay alot more attention to my fatigue levels, especially since I do alot of night time fishing......... God Bless, egMike

Mini, I'm glad your O.K., take care and rest up and hopefully your insurance company comes though.

Buzz

Tox,I used to believe in the "when it's your time,it's your time" theory.

What if your in an airplane and it's somebody elses time? I wouldn't want to be in there with them.LOL

Mini - Glad to hear you and your buddy walked away! Don't let it bug you. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. If you want to take your mind off of it while you're out of comission, come on down to Georgia. We'll divert your attentions with some good ol' Southern hospitality! God bless you and keep you safe!

John: Thank God you are still here to share this with us.I have done three roll overs for fun of course and My brother did and end over end like you did,, Just to test the water before we pass..

BF

Mini Im so glad that you are ok, the big guy in the sky was looking after you..

bob

Thank you to all that replied and emailed....I am doing ok except for the shoulder and battling with AAA. Does anyone here know any big shots at AAA???? If you do please email me ASAP.

Mini

Glad to hear you're okay, Mini. Sorry about the truck, boat and gear - and now about the trouble with insurance.

Back