Fuel question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Hutson

Reaction score
I'm either going to use Stabil or Sea Foam this year in my fuel. This is really going to sound like a stupid question, but with my knee I can't get in and out of the boat very well right now and sitting in on posistion for very long is a pain.

Once I get the correct mixture of either product in the tank, how long shoud I run the motor to get it in the carbs? I've read where you should run the motor "long enough" to get the treated fuel through the entire fuel system. Any opinions on how long is long enough? I always use Stabil every winter, but I usually add it on my last trip when time isn't an issue.

Thanks,

Steve

The other thing Steve, make sure its fully dispersed thru the fuel before you fire up the motor. what i like to do it put it in before the last trip of the year before i leave the house. The ride make sure the stabil is all thru the fuel and running it on the last trip i know its in the carbs.

If you cant move the boat to slosh the gas around put it in the night before you plan to run it.

Thanks guys. I have my neighbor lined up to go to that lake and help me on Saturday morning.

Steve

Latest posts

Back