Fraud warning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
Just a warning folks, even though this is an older scam. I got an email today, supposedly from Earthlink, my ISP, saying they were having problems with my account and could I go to the attached link to verify my billing info, including credit card.

A couple things tipped me off. First, my wife is the main account holder. Anything like that would have gone to her.

Second, the first line reads as follows "During one of our regular automatical verification procedures..." and "otherwise an access to Earthlink services for your account will be deactivated..."

I already forwarded the message on to my ISP, but thought I would send out a heads up.

Oh, and a little tip to any aspiring scammers, use spell check and proper grammar.;)

Rich D

There is also a Federal fraud site to inform as well as the big three credit sites so as many people as possible are warned.

BF

P.S I posted the info last Dec,

People just need to remember one thing....Your provider already has your pass words, user names, rcedit card and/or bank account information. They do not need to ask you for them.

If anyone would like additional security for their credit card numbers send them to me. I'll keep an eye on them... ;)

Kinda like the couple of ones I've received stating a 1.25% rate for a 30 yr mortgage...all they need is my personal info. Yeah, right :lol:

Latest posts

Back