Fishing Rod Rack for Car

• Thread starter Teri C. [URL]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/tem
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Being a co-angler means carting all your crap around with no boat to store things in. I broke one rod this year already and broke the tip off another getting them in and out of the car. Luckily, I have friends that took care of it. However, I looked at next years schedule and if I plan on fishing the WBT, I better plan on traveling. 3 outta 5 are in Texas, one in Louisiana, and one in Alabama.

Anyone have a suggestion on where to find a good rod rack for the interior of my car? I've been looking and so far the one below seems to be the only reasonable alternative but is still expensive. Was dreaming up how to make one but haven't come up with anything yet. I am starting to get some nice equipment and want to keep it nice.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...33&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmCat=MainCat

I'm prety much a cheapskate, I have made a few out of PVC pipe, permanent cap on 1 end and screw in cap on the other. Very inexpensive.

teri,

the one that goes over the rear hook is great,,,, IF your car is long enough, it works perfect in my old expedition, but anything much smaller than an explorer you might have trouble. but, it worked perfect in my case.

mike c

Can you do a rod tube like Berry suggested and strap them to a roof rack?

cheap? How about someting like those spring loaded curtain rods and you can lay the rods on top of them if they're put between the windows....or use bungie cords with some kind of clip you can bend to fit over the back windows or something? Again, depends upon the vehicle and if you have any length.

ND Bass, I have been on the internet tonight looking at curtain rods and suction bars. Ha! I think my FJ Cruiser will be plenty long enough. If I can find some cross bars that work, I am thinking of finding a way to rig the Berkley wall rod racks to the bars. I really don't car how jacked up it looks cuz it will be on the inside. I'll post my invention if I find something that works.

Teri,

Improving a little on ND Bass' suggestion, try using the expandible clothes hanging rods that WalMart sells for vehicles or the rods made to hold gear in a pickup bed that use tension. Cheap and adjust to varying widths plus have protective caps on the ends so you don't mar your vehicle.

Scott

Do you think it would be bad to put velcro on my interior roof? Thinking of mounting some rod holders with velcro.

Look at the one link that Dan posted.

If you dont want that I have a hard travel case I will sell you cheap. I have two of em.

Teri, I'd be affraid of what the velcro would do to the material on the roof. How about shower curtain rods?