fish finder screen

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Daubert

Reaction score
Any of you guys ever find a good way to get rid of the water spots on the fishfinder screen? I have tried various glass cleaners and they really don't seem to work. I was watching The Bass Pros the other day and they were going to show of a way to make them look like new and then I didn't get to see that segment of the show. Any tricks of the trade?

I use a plasma/lcd screen cleaner kit i bought at best buy to clean my tv. It works gears to clean the screens up like new.

I saw on one of the fishing shows that if you use a glass cleaner with vinegar that it works good.

I caught the segment on the screen cleaner by Stacy King.Use 2 drops of dishwashing liquid(it looked like the blue one)added to a few oz.(approx.3)of 91% alcohol(looked like red label from wally world)in a small(tiny)spray bottle.Spray the screen a few times,"dab" the excess off and wipe clean with a recommended cloth.The hard water spot stains that remain can be cleaned with vinegar.He soaked a blue shop paper towel with vinegar and pressed it on the screen making sure to press out the air bubbles,so it makes contact with the entire screen.This should desolve the hard water stains after a few minutes maybe more.Then "dab" the excess off,wiping back and forth may cause scratches.Then spray with above solution and wipe clean with cloth.**as a precaution I am going to "dab" a lot the first few times I try it.If you catch one little piece of that hard stuff it will scratch your screen.**I havn't tried this yet so proceed with caution.It always looks easy when the pros do it!lol.

My screen became very oxidized? over time to the point, I couldn't see anything through the screen during the daytime. I used some very fine car polish on a soft cloth. I tried a small corner and it worked great, so I finished the entire screen. I was very pleased with the results.

RoyC

Hey, I have water spots inside the screen of my fish finder. Leak somewhere? Moisture buildup? anyone?

They are sealed units. You have a bad seal and there is nothing you can do about it. If your unit is new enough you need to send it in for repair or replacement.

TOXIC

I would caution anyone using any sort of polish or abrasive compound on their fish finder screens. Some of these have coatings on them than can be flaked off or worn off and damaged by an abrasive type cleaner

Latest posts

Back