Everstart Series

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Munaretto

Reaction score
I am fishing the Northern Division of the Everstart Series (www.everstartseries.com) this year, does anyone else on the board fish these tournaments?

David

I've been thinking about the northern series myself...but can't come up with the time to do it. It's really interesting thought. I am fishing the 1000 islands BFL though.

pierre

I'll be doing the 1000 Islands myself for Everstart -- on 8-21-02 thru 8-24-02. I can totally appreciate how hard it is to find the time-- Imagine my wife's surprise when I told her all my vacation time was going to fishing trips this year! A buddy talked me into doing it this year, and I figure it is a great chance to get out and see some new water, meet some interesting people, and maybe learn a few new tricks... not to mention win a few extra bucks if I play my cards right.

If you're doing BFL, I assume you're from that area? I've never fished 1000 Islands before, appreciate any advice. Good luck to you as well, and if you change your mind about the Northern Division, there are still a number of spots available according to the site. Let me know.

David

http://munaretto.hothomepages.com/main/storage/sites/14564/photos/P7300014.jpg?r=0.3478327

P7300014.jpg

David,

I can help out a bit, I'm on the Canada side and fish there once and awhile. I can tell this: The Northern Everstarts are won on smallies. Lots of guys are heading to the big lakes (ontario) and fishing flats for big smallies...

23lbs worth,

pierre

I will be fishing the BFL Northeast Division this year which includes one on the 1000 islands. That one is nice because I only live 20 mins. away. Most of the big bags came from the lake last year, with many over 20 lbs for the Everstart Series.

The big lake has become the place to go for big bags of smallies, but if the wind blows you can hang it up. Set your self up to fish two areas, the big lake if the weathers good, the river if the wind blows. The key to both places is rocks and weeds. This year at the BFL, if all goes alright I'll prove to everyone that there's still big bags of largemouth to be caught if you have the right locations in the river. Water levels in the river and current play an important part in locating where the bigger bass are.

If they are back on the south end of Champlain, I might try that one this year, but I am devoting my time this year to the state Federation in an attempt to make state team and go to divisionals. All but the tourney on Champlain are on water at least 6-8 hours from me, so my wife was, well "supportive"! When I'm not guiding, I'll be on the road to practice!

James,

I agree with you...you gotta know where to go but the big largies are there. I won a tournament last year solely on largemouth...18+ lbs.

pierre

Pierre, last year the Sunday prior to the start of the Everstart Tournament caught a 24lb 5 bass limit. Watched all thesae guys prefishing for the everstart seriesflying buy me and some launching from the same place I launched from. (Chippawa Bay) We caught 22 bass in a matter of two hours, the largest just over 8 lbs. So, you tell me where did I fish. Give you a hint, we had a hard time running the trolling motor because of water depth. Spent part of the time pushiing with the ore. We could see the puplic launch in Chippawa bay the whole time. Scarry

Especially last years Everstart with all the wind i woul've been right in there deep in either chippewa or Alexandria. i sure would not be heading for the lake in that wind!!

Pierre

Change your name Bassin Fool, it should be Push Pole Jim. Pierre, have you ever fished Beverly Lake? Not to far from Charleston and man tak about BIG fish. Our club lunker was caught there last year, over 8lbs. several over 5lbs.

i have a friend that tells me about that lake all the time....but i have yet to go. I hear the fish are huge!

Pierre

Latest posts

Back