Elk and Torch Lakes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gone bye bye

Reaction score
Well all of you folks heading to God's country in Northern Michigan are in for a treat. The full moon will be this weekend and the smallies will be locked on beds in most of the bigger lakes. Elk & Troch will be on fire along with Skegemog. Charleviox should have some real toads locked on.

Bring tubes, skirted twin tailed grubs, single tailed grubs and senkos. Look for sand flats with scattered rocks and dark grey/blue areas for beds. Trolling motor on high, bouy in hand, use your polarized glasses to see in the ultra clear water. You will spook a fish but mark the bed with the bouy or your GPS and come back to it in 125 minutes or so by easing up on it making as little noise as possible. Flourocarbon line will also help.....

Good luck, I dont think I will make it up as St Clair opens the next weekend and I need some time to check a few things. :)

Mini

125 minutes??....man,..I'd say you really did have their pattern nailed down!!..Dayum!!..LOL!!!!!

That's better,,......i was going to go back and check after 12.5 minutes anyway.....you know me,...exciteable boy!!!LOL

I am SO PUMPED for this weekend!!! Gonna re-rig all my stuff after tonight. Picked up a couple of good 'gars yesterday, and I'll get the film Friday at lunch. Can't wait!!!

Craig

I'm stoked too,.......be ready to leave by 2;30pm if possible,...slight chance i can leave work by 2-2;15pm!

If you can't leave till 3pm...that's fine...I'll wait! I have some oil to swap out with you too if we can do that...

I have 3 gals of Premium Plus,...need 3 Gals of Opti DFI!

I'll bring them with me friday....

Hey Mini,

How did you do last weekend?

Rich D

Man this stinks im gunna be soclose to you guys but Boatless....i have a family rebellion in Pentwater this weekend..oh well ill be fishin for trout iand steelies in the Pere Marquete River yippee....not.. oh well at least ill be able to wet a line....

Have fun and catch one for me!

T.S.

Thanks Mini! Jeff and I are leaving between 10:00 and noon. We're going to fish before we can check in and I'll have my cell on. (517-242-1479) See everyone up there. BTW how many are we going to have?

Gene

Hey Mini..let me know how many big brown fish ya' get...wished I could make it...I'm jealous!

TEE

We stunk....25th on Saturday with 12.9 (saved some for Sunday, so I thought), ONE FISH Sunday.....alot of empty beds with the weather fronts moving in and the fish just starting to move up, they were not wanting to stay on the beds.

This weekend they should be locked on.

Good luck! I will be on Clair for 6 days straight...

Mini

Latest posts

Back