electrical problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Blankenship

Reaction score
got an electrical question. i have a 2005 nitro nx882. what is wrong is the horn does not work and also the cigerette lighter. when you check it with a meter, you have 12 volts. i ran a small wire from the negative side of the battery to the cig outlet and it worked. when i pulled the wire off it started to work all of a sudden. i did the same thing and ran it to the fuse box and the horn started to work even when i took the wire back off. i took it out last night and everything worked good. on my way back to the boat ramp i hit some pretty hard waves and now the horn and the cig outlet does not work anymore. i am lost. i have checked the wires on my battery and it seems like all the plugs look ok. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks to all.

Bad ground. Clean off all the connections on the ground side of the system, starting at the battery and work your way forward.

BF

TRITON GLENN, I THINK , SAID IT BEST. REPLACE THE MAIN WIRES FROM THE BATTERY TO THE FUSE BLOCK WITH SOME QUALITY 10 GAUGE (BONDED) WIRING. THIS TAKES CARE OF A LOT OF THOSE UNUSUAL ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS. READ THE POSTS DONE ON THIS VERY SUBJECT EARLIER.

BP

Latest posts

Back