Drugman you there?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Need your help again. My back is really bothering me. I have tried Tylenol 3 w/codine. Vicoprofen, and hydrocordone. The vico and hydro work a little, currently out of both. Also have max mg ibu but nothing is working. I am in PT and a chiropractor and NOTHING is working. This is my 2nd go round with this. Last time was same deal (but about 10 years ago). I finally gave up and lived with it until now. It even bothered me on Marke's boat on Sunday, I kept popping cordones until I was ready to sleep! Explains the look on my face in some of the pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ya know if aint one thing it's another. The ticker starts holding it's own for a little while and now this! I was always built like a tank before. Never any problems. Geez louise, what's gonna happen to me when I get to be Scott's age! LOL sorry Scott

Ever considered accupuncture? (that doesn't look like it's spelled right?)

My wife used to have really bad migraines...

She tried it after having exhausted all the different medications...It seemed to help her, but never made the pain go completely away...

az

Man, I'm open to just about anything right now. Not a word Neeley! LOL I'd eat tree bark and roots if I thought it would work!

Rob see if you doctor will send you to a pain clinic. Get epidermal shot of anti-flams right inside the discs. I have 4 rupture and 3 hernaited disk and eat hydrocodone like candy. They can only give you this shots every 3 to 4 months but they give great releive for awhile. The shots hurt like HELL!!!!!!!!! If need more information call me

I'll try anything right now. Short term pain for long term relief sounds good to me. I'm afraid of how I will feel once I start bouncing around the lake with clients! I can hardly play with my kids anymore. Granted my 4 year old whoops me anyway, but now I'm no contest! The 14 month old can topple me! LOL

Well, at least you're able to claim that you were once built like a tank..... Me? Kind of a cross between David Frost and Howard Stern; a two-fisted pixie who's hung like a..... Well..... Like a you know what..... And that was when I was your age!

me!

a Pixie????....Well that explains the "pink things" you sent to Carli!!!!..LOL

J/K

Mac

.....Said the man who spends all his time with water colors and fingure paints.....

Oh, Nurse Kratchet!!

Yep, I'm here....

You can try the injections, they still use steroids I believe..also you may try using Elavil/Amitriptyline....its listed as an antidepressant, BUT it is used with some success for nerve pain in lower doses-say 10-25mg..the exact mechanism of action is not known but believed to block a secondary route of pain signals to the brain...also some people have gotten good results with Neurontin, again it was brought out as an anti-siezure med...now it is never used for that but does well with some types of pain.

be careful with the vicoprofen and ibuprofen, vicoprofen has ibu in it and the max dose is 2400mg. LONG TERM use at above recommended doses can SOMETIMES lead to kidney problems...not to mention stomach....

Ask the doctor about the new cox-2 inhibitors (the stop the pain but dont hurt the stomach). Vioxx, Celebrex, Bextra...

This place is like a real "working" small town... I am proud to be a "member"...everybody here is genuinely "neighborly" toward everybody else... If only the rest of the world would become... Just a thought..

Hope things get better Rob... I'd hate for those smallies to "overgrow" your lake cause you're not out there knockin down and keepin them in their place!!!!

Mac...finger painting is fun so don't let anybody make fun of you... Loved this month's Scales and Tales...

Envy is an ugly emotion Greg!!!...LOL....my water colors and finger paints make more "green" for me than his "pink things" do for him.....

You go for the "green", Mac..... I'll take care of the womyn while you're busy!

Well that explains the upset stomach. Thanks. I didn't fall asleep last night until 4 am. My wife came out about 2:30 to the living room because she heard the TV. She took pity and tried to massage the knots, but she was dead tired too. This is getting ridiculous. I'm constantly exhausted. Oh well, I'm fishing tomorrow. That makes everything better.

Latest posts

Back