Double decker trailers....what ca know?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geo F

Reaction score
Picking up my 34' Pace Arrow tomorrow on the way to my race in Chicago tomorrow. Its a big (to me) class A motorhome. Since it would a killer to back down ramps etc...does anyone know of or have had good experiences with double decker trailers that carry a boat and a car?

I'm only planning to pull my Tin tracker and a small car..keeping weight down but I do not have an idea where to look for such an item.

Geo

I saw one at a lake a couple years ago, it was pretty col sorry dont kow who makes one but it was pretty nice for sure.

I know this won't help you in your quest for a double decker trailer but I did see something the other day that was perfect for an RV'er.

On the news the other day, on one of those human intrest stories they have because there is no real news in the world to report, they showed a boat trailer that a man here in OKC is developing. It is self powered, by a golf cart motor and is driven by remote control. You sit in the boat and drive the trailer down the ramp, start and launch the boat, then with the remote control drive the trailer back up to the parking lot. It looked like it worked real slick. I don't know how to get in touch with the guy but if you're interested I would be happy to call the TV station and get more information.

Harpo

Here's the perferct setup. All you need is the moter home. What a life.
maintrailer.jpg

hey hey that is the one! It would be alot lighter with a small car and tin boat...now got to find the price.

can anyone make out the name on the side of the trailer? Just under the boat?

Dumb question maybe, but how in the heck do you get the boat off???

You'd have to back it in a looooong ways!!!

ya know the remote control trailer does not sound too far fetched either...if you track down the info I'd be sure to follow up. Thanks Harpo

That sucker better have some HEAVY DUTY tires and axles to handle that kind of weight...bet it ain't cheap:(

Ken, it's easy...just back down reeeal fast and it the brakes. It the true meaning of "launching the boat".

Geo, I'll give them a call and get back with you.

Harpo

Looks like maybe the side posts would unpin and hinge toward the back with a winch maybe. Once lowered you are set just like a regular trailer. Just don't forget to get the truck out of there before you lower it. LOL

Wolf

That is so cool.....I want one!!!! Don't need one, but want one anyways!!!! Will need a big motorhome to tow it too!!! Maybe when I retire.....I can take it all with me when I travel!!!

Bob G.

My problem would be pullin it....Looks a little topheavy to me. Can you imagine that badboy gettin a bad case of the sways going down the highway in the wind? Tongue weight? And to top it off, pulling all of that on a ball hitch? Looks to me like you are in gooseneck territory.

Call me a pessimist but sumthin don't look right.

TOXIC

Tox,

I would use a weight distribution hitch in the very least to pull that rig behind a motorhome. If pulling with a truck, a gooseneck would be the way to go.-

Bob G.

Latest posts

Back