Deck extension on a ‘97 185sf

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Reynolds

Reaction score
I’m looking for design and material ideas for a deck extension on my 97 fish and ski. My original plan was to use 2 pieces of 3/4” plywood glued together and carpeted but I feel like it’s going to be pretty heavy.

C248C140-21C1-4987-8103-43BF5D37F80F.png

I assume you are speaking of the rear deck? Do you want it to be removable or permanent? If permanent that you have great options for additional storage, rod holders, etc. That also gives you more option for strength and support.

This guy did a pretty good job on a permanent -

Thank you but I was talking about the space for the walkthrough up front. If I don’t have a chair up front I find myself stepping off the bow and would like to fix that by covering the gap.

Yo Josh, been thinking the same thing, I am getting so old starting to have balance issues. I thought I could put a couple of cleats on the sides of the foot well and place a plyboard over the opening. then using a 1 or 2 step to get on top. that would give my more storage space behind the step (s),. Naturally everything would be carpeted, and I would still have bow seating in front of the windshields. Any thoughts ? I know that pic doesnt show a lot. and just guessing the size to be 24X14.

Attachments

• DSCN0734.JPG
    DSCN0734.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 28
Bass pro originally offered a deck extension that did that very thing. I am also thinking of adding one to my 185FS. Maybe adding a light or flush mounted rod holders, since the front deck is kinda small

I have a 1995 190dc that has the original deck extension. It has two hatch lids plus a step up. If anyone is interested, I can post photos to show how it was constructed.
Hey I have a 94 nitro 170dc and I'm building a deck extension on the front. You still have plans of how to construct??

I don't have plans since it came from the factory with the boat, but I can provide photos and measurements if you'd like. It is constructed from aluminum, but you could copy the build and use marine plywood and marine carpet. The top has a split lid for use as a compartment and the part between the consoles is a hinged step.

Attachments

• Extended Front Deck for Nitro 190DC.gif
    Extended Front Deck for Nitro 190DC.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back