Deck Extension / Need Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Baker2

Reaction score
I would like to add a deck extension to my 96' Nitro 170DC Rick Clunn Edition dual console. I just bought this boat and it's in immaculate shape and I don't want to mess it up. I may also want to add a pedestal base and move my seat back a bit. Anyone have any plans to show me or ideas on how to build it and secure it? Thanks for any info.

Hi there Johnny! I myself am planning on a deck extension but have not had much luck finding any help on plans. I did see one on the net but i can't remember where. The guy made a frame from aircraft aluminum square tubing and put diamondplate on top. Covered with carpet and attached with bolts through the rod boxes. It looked pretty good, only thing is I do not have a welder to weld the aluminum. There is a project on this website that someone submitted but I can't view it. Maybe you can. Just look under member submitted projects. Good Luck, keep me updated.:)

Back