DECAL REMOVAL

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brantley moats

Reaction score
I HAVE A 99 -896 NITRO SAVAGE. THE "896" AND "SAVAGE" DECALS HAVE SEEN THEIR BEST DAYS AND I WOULD LIKE TO REMOVE THEM FOR A CLEANER LOOK. ANYONE KNOW A EASIER WAY TO DO THIS?

BRANTLEY

Peel them off using a heat gun or hair dryer and then remove the glue with goop off or lighter fluid.

BF

Second on the heat and solvent. I recommend a heat gun. Hairdryers never generated enough heat for me to get registration numbers off, let alone factory installed decals. I've even gone as far as using a propane torch - dangerous and tricky on gel coat - not so much a problem on painted aluminum. I would also recomend generous use of something like Goo Gone. Get a corner of that sticker/decal up and spray the underside with the solvent and work it off a bit at a time with a plastic scraper (metal and razors tend to cut gel coat and paint too easily!). Patience and persistence pay off on this one.

I agree with the heat gun and glue remover. Here is a tip I use when putting decals on.... get a glass of water add 1 or 2 drops of dish washing soap (no more than that)to the water. Take a paper towel or rag and wipe the area you are putting the decal on with the solution...... Install the decal while wet,( not in direct sunlight) you will be able to slide decal like wanted... wipe it down easy...let dry for a few hours...perfect. You get all air bubbles out and straight decal. Work everything while wet, after it is dry you cannot move it.

Bubby :)

DONE!

THE HAIR DRYER WORKED GREAT THANKS FOR THE TIP. THIS IS BEST WEBSITE I EVER FOUND.

BRANTLEY

Brantley - glad it worked out for you. Just an FYI, might want to turn off the "caps lock" key. Typing all caps is akin to shouting in the cyber world. Just FYI . . .

Latest posts

Back