Dang... even San Antonio TX got snow!

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Last week it was in the high 70's / low 80's. Last night - 19 degrees and it snowed. Not much, mind you, but enough that most of the local businesses are on a 4 hour delay. Schools were supposed to let out at noon today anyway, so they just went ahead and closed the schools entirely. About an inch on the ground, and it actually stuck, but I'm more worried about ice and over-aggressive drivers around here, so I'm staying put until the sun warms everything up this morning. Not supposed to get above freezing until noon today.

... and I moved to TX because I was tired of the cold weather... :blink:

All the best,

Glenn

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My coworkers and I were just joking about that yesterday. One of them saved articles from years past. The Dem's, several years ago, were quoted as saying something to the effect of "lack of cold weather and snow are proof that global warming is taking place". This year, they are saying "The cold weather and heavy snow are a direct effect of global warming". :blink:

We just watched my son sliding down the snow / ice covered hill beside my house on a "flying saucer" borrowed from the neighbors. Now THAT is a site I never thought I'd see in Texas. He had fun, but two trips were enough for him. He came back inside to warm up.

All the best,

Glenn

Enjoy your snow! I got back to N GA welcomed with cold, soggy rain that hasn't let up since yesterday. :(

You learn quick. It took me one trip, years ago, to understand that we have goode group of nuts that do not understand that ice is slick. So I have stayed home everytime its snowed or the more common iced when it does occur.
:D:rolleyes::D:D

I have to be at work at noon. The street looks almost clear, with a few patches of ice left remaining. Gonna leave at 11, and take it slow.

All the best,

Glenn

We have some ice on the trees and power lines here in south Louisiana. They closed the schools and state government but the rest of us came to work. It really wasn't that bad. Not as bad as when I was stationed in North Dakota. Talk about cold!! brrrrrrrrrr:)

Well, work called - nobody is going in today due to the highway conditions. I haven t seen the highway today, but the roads looked clear by 11:00 coming out of my neighborhood. I got the call to turn around right as I was exiting my subdivision. I can't open the building, so I can't get in even if I could drive to work. Looks like a bit of telework, and a day of sitting at home.

All the best,

Glenn

I don't want to hear it, after all the ice we've had here in DFW since Tues. morning, and another snow last night/this morning. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get home last night due to simply backups. No wrecks. Total of 23 miles.

And I've been 'in the office' all week, including today. At least one of the exec's here, went around and thanked everyone that made it in today.

Tex

Latest posts

Back