Chickahominy Walkers Dam update

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Cut and pasted update from the NC/VA board over on BBC. Originally posted by "vafishing":

One of the guys that frequents my site is the king of getting info. on stuff like this. Actually went to the Chick Lake today and talked to some of the guys there inspecting the dam. Word they told him is that from what they can see right now the dam is not cracked, worse is that from what they could see the water is undercutting the dam. He will probably go over there again tomorrow to see if he can get more info. If I see anything from him I will let you all now. Oh also right now they have the lock wide open and the lake level is basically the same as the river. They said the reason to leave the lock open was to alleviate some of the pressure off the dam. When he was there there was actually a tidal flow going back into the lake. Here is a picture he posted on my site to show that the lake and river are at the same level. This is when the tide was actually flowing back into the lake.

WalkersDam007.jpg

thanks for the update glenn, i have been talking to eagles landing to get my info, if it is undercutting dam, it might take awhile to fix. keep us up to date

mike c

I've never fished the lake. Always wanted to... havn't yet.

All the best,

Glenn

eagles landing said anything over a canoe wont go in. the ramp is dry. hoefully it everyone will improve there ramps, and ed allens will remove that old dock. but somehow i dought it

mike c

Latest posts

Back