Check out this MONSTER!!!

• Thread starter Craig Roberts [URL]http://www.lakestclair.net/foru
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That is a trophy for sure!

If I ever make the trip out there, I want one of you St. Claire guys to put me on a fish like that! LOL!

Rich D

I have heard of 45 pounders.....but that was a long time ago.

Mini

ok... I don't want to seem too stupid here...

What kind of fish is that... part of me thinks musky, another part a lake trout...

Regaurdless, it's a huge fish!

Be kind...

I tried to lip one that big once...

"Lefty"

Dude.... Do not put you hands any where near it's mouth, unless you enjoy losing a finger!!!! Big teeth..

Where is Muskyman he should have some good tips on how to properly handling a pike or musky. I usually if small enough grab them from the back of the head. If it's over a 30 inches then I user my boga grips in one hand and the other i use to cradle the stomach...

There is a thing called a landing net but if you by yourself it might hard to use..

X

When handling a fish larger than 30 inches or so, it is best to handle them as little as possible. Use a cradle or landing net and keep them in the water for the release. If you want a photo, slide one hand under the gill plates, not touching the gill membrane and lift it out of the water while supporting it with your other hand under the belly. The fish should be supported as horizontally as possible. You can do serious damage to a large fish by just holding it under the gills, vertically.

Take a quick couple of pictures then ease the fish back into the water. If it is sluggish, hold it gently by the tail until it is strong enough to swim out of your grip. Do not try to force water through its gills by pushing it back and forth. Always use wet hands when handling the fish.

Rich D

I like the S&T logo in the top corner of that page...but it doesn't link to Mac's site...

The logo has been there long before Mac;'s new site. I am a moderator on that site and provide them with fishing reports....

Mini

Latest posts

Back