Charging dual tm batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Clevenger

Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding a second battery to extend the life of my trolling motor. I understand that I need to hook them up + to + and - to -. I have a dual charger on board, one line for the tm and one for the cranking battery (I fish in a lot of places where I don't need to run very far so my cranking battery needs additional charging). My question is, will the charger charge both tm batteries from the one lead or do I have to have another charger for it?

Thanks,

Jim

Yes the charger will charge both batteries when hooked up in that configuration. Keep in mind it will take much longer to charge both batteries because you will be splitting the current up between them.

If you find it takes too long to charge the batteries with your current charger take a look at the guest 2613 three bank. I noticed on your profile that you have a PT 175. I have a buddy with the same boat and on his the 2613 will fit in the same space as the charger that came on tha boat.

Latest posts

Back