Carpet Replacement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Orieux

Reaction score
Thinking of replacing the carpet in my 288. Any opinions as to what type of carpet to use and the best type of adhesive? Thanks guys

Was just on Bass Pro website looking for something else and they have everything needed to recarpet boats

Good Luck

My local upholstery shop that does boat carpets recommended "Weldwood's Contact Cement". I used it on the floor and it has worked well. I plan on using it on the decks soon. They carry it at Lowe's and Home Depot. Good luck.

JP

I had my carpet changed by a guy who worked for Bass Cat. He now works at a local dealer. He suggested Bass Cat carpet, or Ranger carpet. I went with Ranger carpet. It is a little pricey, however it was done about 3 years ago still looks new. He used contact cement on the edges, carpet glue on the rest. I stripped the old carpet, he installed the new. I will say it is alot of work, and I don't believe I would have it done again.

Bubby:)

Mini just did his and posted pics if I remember correctly. My tournament partner wants us to tackle mine but with a 929, that's a lot of carpet and even more work. It would be worth it to have a pro do it for me. If anyone wants to practice my boat is available!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

im in the process now of doing my carpet. bought the carpet at home depot. a friend gave me some of the "Weldwood's Contact Cement".. i feel sorry for the person who replaces the carpet after i sell it b/c it would take a 4 wheel drive truck to rip that stuff up..

first time doing this and probably my last.. im too impatient and it takes alot of time but saves alot of money too.:wub:

It is pretty expensive to have it done and reall is not all that hard to do with a little ambition. The hardest part is getting the old glue off. You just have to take your time and do it right. Use the old pieces as a template for the new. I have heard of many people using Bass Cat carpet. Reasonably priced and good quality. You just call them and give them the size of the boat and they will know about how much you need.

Latest posts

Back