Breaker-19 Goodbud, NTOWS Convoy needs a Front Door!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
We'll with the Rally only 2 months away let's start seeing where everyone's comming from, what routes and times/dates. It would be GREAT to see a couple of boat pulling CONVOYs pulling in to the Moors!! Gotta make sure I have extra batteries for the digital camera this trip!!

I'll start:

From Canton GA to Moors via I-75 north to I-24 west (the rest on my mapquest directions looks like small roads/miles.

I'm planning on leaving my place Thursday before lunch (depending on a meeting I have that morning) and arriving between 2pm - 6pm on Thursday.

OK who's next?? Rich S???

(LOL! A front door ain't gonna help Michael! LOL!)

I'll likely leave St. Louis about 9:00 am Thursday and arrive at the Moors about noon.

I-64 to I-57. (Mt. Vernon approximately 10:15.)

South on I-57 to southern Illinois.

Then I-24 to Kentucky Lake.

Lunch at the Moors!

me!

Coming from just south of Chicago, i'll be traveling down I-57 to I-24 and that will get me close... dont remember the rest of the roads till I see them. I'll be leaving here just after midnite on Wednesday. That will put me there at about 7am on Thursday, then its down the ramp and up the lake. I dont think i'll find anyone willing to convoy with me in that timeframe though. I'll fish until Shirley will let me check-in then take a nap and fish the afternoon bite a little. By then, more of you will be there.

Mike

me! Of COURSE a Front Door would help, come on don't you remember your 70's CB lingo!! With my inconspicuous mini-van towing a tracker, if I can get a nice big 18 wheeler leading the convoy i'll be invisable to those Smokies and be able to slide into the rocking chair!!! LOL

Coming from Raleigh NC. According to Mapquest I will be on I-40 most of the way. It's 677 miles one way! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and do a little bass fishing. I plan on getiing there on Thursday afternoon. I can't wait!

MapQuest says I will be going 70W to 57S to 24E. I would have guessed 65S from Indy but I guess they know better than I do.

I planned on leaving Friday morning; however, I have cabin fever so bad that I think I may take Thursday off and stay an extra day (if they have my cabin available).

Look for the unripe Jeep Grand Cherokee (green) and the very ripe Banana Boat! I can't wait!!!!!

Teri -

I would have guessed I-65 south for you as well. It doesn't look like a really big difference - but 20 or 30 minutes is a lifetime when you're in a hurry! Or maybe mapquest knows something that we don't - like maybe there's construction on I-65.

Did you put in Gilbertsville, KY as your destination?

me?

Me!,

I put in the full address for the Moors. I did it on Yahoo and MapQuest and got about the same results. I was quite surprised. I may map it on 65S to see how far it is compared to the route they gave me. I can't wait!

Teri

Thank you!

(See! In spite of what you may have heard..... I am well mannered!)

Trep, I haven't looked at my schedule yet to make a plan, but if I can work it out, I'll block for ya!

Trep,

I'll be heading up I-24 from Murfreesboro,TN just south of Nashville sometime Thursday morning or around noon, not real sure what time yet. Maybe we'll see you on the road!

Tom

I am 298 miles away and I live in Ky. lol About 6.5 hours. I will be there early Thursday afternoon with the wife and maybe another couple. My wife dosen't usually come on my fishing trips so this will be a treat. I used to fish Ky or Barkley lake about every year but it has been a while. I don't think I know or have met anybody on this board so I am looking forward to a whole bunch of new fish catching secrets. lol

I am 298 miles away and I live in Ky. lol About 6.5 hours. I will be there early Thursday afternoon with the wife and maybe another couple. My wife dosen't usually come on my fishing trips so this will be a treat. I used to fish Ky or Barkley lake about every year but it has been a while. I don't think I know or have met anybody on this board so I am looking forward to a whole bunch of new fish catching secrets. lol

Majormotion is shaking already he's so excited!

JR..... Better make your reservations soon.....

Git 'er done!

Call Shirley at 800-626-5472!

Great looks like few folks taking I24 west!! I've cancelled my late morning meetings and just have my 8 - 9:30am conference call and depending on how impatient I get I may just blow out of here at 7:30am !!!!

I'll post closer to the rally so we can try to exchange cell #'s (if you have one) to try and hook up on the way!!

Michael, it is going to be really good to see you again!

JR, you'd better make it!

Teri, there's a spot on my Nitro hat left open for you to sign - right next to Penny Berryman!

Breaker, Breaker, 1-9! We got us a Rally!

Git 'er Done!

me!

I called yesterday and reserved cabin #5 for Thursday evening too so I will be arriving on Thursday around noon (I hope) and staying thru Sunday. I can't wait!!!

Oops wrong button. HI NEIGHBOR. I'm in #6. Looking forward to catching a lot of fish. Crappie on Fri. and maybe Bass on Sat. depending on what happens Fri. What do all you guys usually do on Thur. night?? Margaritas maybe? I used to be a bartender so I will probably bring my blender. So anytime me and my wife are there the bar will be open.......lol

Teri, maybe you can convince my wife that it is ok for ladies to fish too. Of course when she sees you she will say, thats the one they wrote the song about...bass boat, Merle, etc.

Howdy neighbor! I guess I don't know the song you are talking about but your wife can fish with me anytime. She'll feel alot better about fishing when she sees me snag every tree and weed in sight, birdnest my baitcaster, and pee over the side of the boat. HA!

We will be in a dry county.

BUT..... Bring it with you! The restaraunt will provide set-ups and you can drink all you like. They just can't sell it.

me? I'm the designated driver! I'll have the diet, caffeine-free soda, please!

OK My wife will KILL me for bringing this up BUT - Any interest in me bringing some Home Brews to go with the Majors blender?? I should have a India Pale ale and a Pilsner ready by then. It will have to sit overnight on Thursday to be ready for Friday night. Can't bring too much don't want to get caught BOOT LEgging again!!! LOL

Latest posts

Back