BPS Spring Classic in Michigan

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Neeley

Reaction score
Just a note to let you know our Spring Fishing Classic will be March 22-24th.

Great deals on lots of stuff...

Also, Mac and Mini on the tank along with...

Jimmy Houston

Rick Clunn

Pete "Musky" Maina

Bobby Murray

Tommy Skarlis

Ted Takasaki

Mark Martin

...and many others....I'll be here too!!!

Ken, Sorry, I can't make the Michigan event, it's too far to drive. I will however be going to the one in Baltimore...

I will be in Cinci this weekend with All Star Rods....come by and say HI!!!!!

Mini

The following is the seminar schedule that was emailed to me today:

Thrusday 3/21

5:30-6:00pm - BOBBY MURRAY "Spring Bass Tactics"

6:30-7:00pm - MARK GWIZDALA "Walleye Tournament Fishing"

7:30-8:00pm - BILL MCELROY, JOHN MANIACI "Bass Fishing the Area Lakes"

Friday 3/22

9:30-10:00am - MARK MENENDEZ "Super Rogues for Trophy Bass"

10:30-11:00am - BOBBY MURRAY "Spring Bass Tactics"

11:30am-12:00pm - BILL JOHNSON, TOM SOKOLOWSKI "XPS Lures for 2002"

12:30-1:00pm - RANDY HOWELL "Bed and Sight Fishing"

1:30-2:00pm - GEORGE COCHRAN "Preparing for Bass Fishing Success On Any Lake"

2:30-3:00pm - MARK GWIZDALA "Fishing Saginaw Bay"

3:30-4:00pm - KIM STRICKER "Selecting the Right Equipment for Bass Fishing Success"

4:30-5:00pm - TED TAKASAKI "Detroit River Monsters"

5:30-6:00pm - KEITH KAVAJECZ "Walleye Fishing Techniques"

6:30-7:00pm - JIMMY HOUSTON

7:30-8:00pm - TOMMY SKARLIS "Championship Methods for Jigging Walleyes"

Saturday 3/23

9:30-10:00am - BOBBY MURRAY "Spring Bass Tactics"

10:30-11:00am - GEORGE COCHRAN "Preparing for Bass Fishing Success On Any Lake"

11:30am-12:00pm - JOHN GUILIANI "Tips on Fishing the St. Mary's River in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan"

12:30-1:00pm - KEITH KAVAJECZ "Walleye Fishing Techniques"

1:30-2:00pm - TOMMY SKARLIS "Championship Methods for Jigging Walleyes"

2:30-3:00pm - RICK CLUNN "Tips from a 4-Time BASS Masters Classic Champion"

3:30-4:00pm - PETE MAINA "Musky Fishing Success"

4:30-5:00pm - KIM STRICKER "Selecting the Right Equipment for Bass Fishing Success"

5:30-6:00pm - MARK MENENDEZ "Super Rogues for Trophy Bass"

6:30-7:00pm - RANDY HOWELL "Bed and Sight Fishing"

7:30-8:00pm - MARK GWIZDALA, JOHN PETERSON "Walleye Tournament Fishing"

Sunday 3/24

10:30-11:00am - KIM STRICKER "Selecting the Right Equipment for Bass Fishing Success"

11:30am-12:00pm - MARK MENENDEZ "Super Rogues for Trophy Bass"

12:30-1:00pm - PETE MAINA "Musky Fishing Success"

1:30-2:00pm - TOMMY SKARLIS "Championship Methods for Jigging Walleyes"

2:30-3:00pm - MARK MARTIN "Walleye Tips & Tricks"

3:30-4:00pm - JOHN GUILIANI "Tips on Fishing the St. Mary's River in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan"

4:30-5:00pm - BILL MCELROY, JOHN MANIACI "Bass Fishing the Area Lakes"

5:30-6:00pm - JACK DEAN "Lure Selection"

I will be in the XPS Booth along with Bill McElroy. Bill will be doing custom rod graphics on select Bass Pro Shops XPS rods. Pick up a new rod and get your favorite bait or fish drawn on the handle before your eyes by the masater himself!!!!

Sorry for the long post, but alot of people have asked who, what, when, etc....

Mini

How far are you guys from Chicago? I might be able to swing a business trip there to coincide with those dates, and stay the weekend. Anybody got a couch?

Rob....I can put you up...no problem, Chief.

We are about 3 1/2 hours from Chicago.

I'm gonna try and come up as well. Haven't seen my family in Sterling Heights for quite awhile. Would really like to meet all the Detroit BPS playa'z as well!

I would like to request Darren Lear on the tank at the Detroit (Auburn Hills) BPS.

He's the living legend on Lake St. Clair . . LOL Sorry Mac and Mini LOL

Just kidding you guys ROCK too!!!!!!

Sounds good Ken, what I'll try to do is fly into Chicago for my meetings on Thursday and then Friday morning. Then see if one of my guys out there can get me close to where you guys are. I may have to rent a car. Then, I'll meet you at the BPS and fly out of Detroit Sunday night. Let me see if I can swing it by the big dog for budget approval!

Rob,

Let me know...

BTW, Mac and I were wondering if you're guest apt. is spoken for during the Rally???

Ken, it appears that my brother will be renting it. I can however, see if he wants to stay at Mom's for the weekend so you guys have a spot to lay your head. If not, I do have a futon that is pretty comfortable. It's not much, but the invitation is open. Plus, there's plenty of room to park and plug in that Avalanche Mac is buying! LOL The new house will be about 20 minutes from town and the Turtle, and about 35 minutes from the launch.

We were thinking about camping, but you never know what the weather is gonna be like...so we may find a motel instead.

Or we could put a teepee in your yard!!!

Well, I do have 2 acres that are perfect for it. But I'm sure we can swing something in the house. I have a great air mattress, and then there is the futon. No need to spend the extra $$$ when you'll only be sleeping a couple of hours each night. Save the funds for C&L's!!! Pierre and I may be car pooling out to the classic. Do you have a corner for us to lay our heads say Saturday night? And do we get some preferred guest time on the tank? LOL I haven't set a hook in 5 MONTHS!!!!

Mini...my grandmother has a condo around M-59 and Mound Road and I have a couple of aunts/uncles that live over by the big library and park.

My parents are both from the area and I lived in Rochester Hills about 3 years ago. Ironically enough, as much as I love Texas, I woke up this morning and told myself that I really want to move back up there. I miss my family, the Great Lakes and the pretty country.

I am in the midst of negotiating a deal with my current employer to let me keep my accounts as an independent contractor. My dream would be to handle those accounts, land a p/t gig at BPS helping Ken and the boys, and step up my tournament fishing again.

Anyone need an assistant up there...I make a great cup of Gevalia (hint, hint -- Ken)

What part of Sterling Heights are you in?

Let me know when you're ready, Adam.

Rob...We'll get you both hooked up for Saturday night!!!

Give me the details on your arrival when you know.

I'm always ready, Ken!! If you're serious (as I am) then give me a call at home (214.726.9213) or on my mobile (214.675.4963)

I thought about doing the same here but would have to go with Dick's Sporting goods as there isn't a BPS for 300 miles! Guide and tourney fish from April-November, then do shows and the part time deal with a retailer! Got 6 years experience in management with the largest in the world running their SG dept. Like your idea Adam, I may follow suit!

This is something I have wanted to do since I was a little kid (I'm sure we've all had the daydream once or twice!)

Since getting out of the Army 6 years ago, I thought that in order to be happy one had to make tons of money. Don't know if I've ever been so wrong!!

Fortunately, though, the profession I chose has taught me TONS about sales, customer relationships, marketing and business development. Albeit most has been in the car biz, I truly believe these principals carry over into boat sales and even basic retail.

So, why not take what I'm good at and apply it to what I love! If I happen to make hordes of money in the process, GREAT!! If not, at least I'll be happy and have, hopefully, helped some other folks along the way.

Couldn't agree more. I am in the same boat. Currently in aftermarket sales and marketing. If I let loose on an industry I actually enjoy, what would happen? Hmmmmm... you see any potential for 2 slightly uses reps at corporate Ken? HINT!!!! LOL One wid connections down at da pier wid Tommy 2 fingas and Tony da squirrel to uh "resolve" dem lil problims yous been havin'!

I doubt very much I'll be up on that tank!! "IT's not my yob!!" I'll be buried up to my pie hole in rod handles to do,..if the last 2 shows and this weekend in st. louie are any indication,....i'm lucky when i can get up to go to the bathroom for cryin' out loud!! I'll be doing 2 seminars with Mini over the 3 days and the rest of the time I'll be doin' my own thang!!! Gota MAJOR surprise to lay on ya'll after this weekend,...will post a .jpg when I have one, but you guys and gals will FREAK!!!! I couldn't believe it when I got the request, but it came from the TOP!! and that's all I'm going to say until I can PROVE it!!..LOL

Stand by,....I'll have all the proof I need by this weekend!! Seeya in st.louie!!!

Mac

BTW...Joe D.....you wana be a PRO?!,...guess who I will volunteer to fill in the possible demo voids??..YOU bigdog!!! LOL You better start practicin',...cuz when you get up there and there's 200 faces looking at you,.....and your mind goes blank,...well...then you'll know what to do!! EVERYBODY's a PRO!!! LOL..(inside joke folks,...joe knows!!!) I'm sure the QUANTUM folks would LOVE to have a local rep up there hawkin' their goods,....dontchya think???

Be careful what you wish for,....WE can make things happen!!

LOL

Mac -

I'll be stopping in early Saturday morning.

If you need anything during the weekend, let me know! Office is 800-827-7695; home is 618-288-5041; cell is 314-540-2909.

me!

Good luck with your Classic, fellas! I know you'll exceed all expectations while having a great time. When its over you'll be wanting it more than once a year. Have fun!

Scott:

What time Saturday morning? I may sneak out before the missuz wakes up.

MO

I heard Mac say that he wishes EVERY day was a Classic day. Also heard something about a catheter so he NEVER has to get up from his booth!

Ken, Would the prices in the Cincy BPS Spring Classic mailer be the same at your place next weekend?

Mac: Can't wait to see your proof and hear about the surprise. Have fun in St.Louis this weekend.

Sam, I think the prices are good for all the stores but I am nort certain.

Adam, you have relatives (aunts and uncles) that are real close to me (and Joe D). I am within a mile from the library/city hall/police station/park.....

Mac wont be allowed on the tank until he perfects his 180 back roll on the edge of the rocks without getting wet....lol.....

Joe D....your career will skyrocket if you can pull of an informative demo for 15 minutes on a particular bait/technique/rod and reel combo. Not just for your currrent sponsors, but for future sponsors......Not as easy as it sounds/looks.

Mini

Well guys, got the green light from the exec VP at home to go (the wife). So, looks like Pierre and I will be attending. I'd take that tank challenge for an opportunity for sponsorship. If I can sell HVAC to NYC in January, and give corporate presentations to some of the toughest you've ever seen, then I'll have no problem selling something I believe in and enjoy. Just as long as Neeley doesn't pump those toads full of shad all night the night before! LOL

OK you guys (Mac and Mini) your get'in me a littler nervous LOL. If you guys get in a jam

I would love to due a seminar on a particular bait that I feel in love with last year . . . . FLUKES.

Let me know if you guys are serious, I really fell into this one didn't I? Why does that saying seem to come true "Be careful what you wish for?" You guys crack me up . . . . EVERYBODY FUNNY.

I gotta felling that the only thing thats going to skyrocket is my BLOOD PRESSURE. LOL

Rob,

Glad you're gonna make it...I got room for both of you...You bring the Corona's, have Pierre bring the limes!!!

I just booked my flight, coming in Thursday night so I can visit some clients Friday morning. We should get a roll call going and arrange a time/place that we could all hook up for some chow and libations. I'll call ahead and make sure they have enough bibs, tippy cups and limes!

Joe,...you kill me,...you are like putty in our hands!!! EVERYBODY PUTTY!!!! LOL!!!!!