BPS Citica/Extreme combo

• Thread starter Paul P [URL]http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a heck of a deal. I bought that same combo a couple of years ago but with the Curado Super Free for $199. If it's true what they say about the new Citica, that it's even better than the old Curado SF then that's a good buy.

Harpo

That is a good deal...your getting your rod for practically nothing:cool:

The last time I checked the left hand models still were'nt available (Catalog said spring of 06). I would have bought a Citaca if I had'nt found a Curado 201 at G.M.

Gene

Anyone have first hand experience with a current model Citica or BPS Extreme XPS rod?

I have 10 XPS Extreme rods, most were combo's from BPS. 5 with Curado's and 5 with Stradics. I like them all. :wub:

Gene

Personally, I love the extreme rods. I have 8 of them, and while they do break occasionally (I've broken four- two on fish hooksets, one on a stump hookset :unsure:, and one on when trying to pry a cleat off my boat rail with the rod :blink:), I've taken them all back to BPS and told them the truth (even on the last two breaks...) and they said "go pick out a new one."

Can't beat that for a warranty, IMHO. I like to refer to them as my "Craftsman Guarantee" rods.

Thad

never tried to pry off a boat cleat with one, but have tried to keep my compartment lids open with them.:(

I've never had a problem with the rods breaking (other than operator error), but used to have a problem with the old style pro qualifier's. I have about 10 of the rods and continue to buy one or two a year.

I've never had a single problem with any of my rods, except for the one that jumped off the deck at about 65mph. I guess technicaly I've had 11. :(

Gene

I quickly checked out a Citica at WalMart last weekend. Why does one side of the reel open up? Is that for the magnetic drag adjustment? If so, is this a pain? I have other reels where this is adjustable without having to open the reel.

Thanks!

Paul

Yes, if it's like the Curado then it opens up to adjust magnets, once you get your desired setting you really would not be adjusting too often, (I don't anyway), but yeah it opens up and could be costly if it falls out of your hands while on the boat.

:huh:

On my new citicas that cover over the magnets is on a hinge so it won't come off the reel like my curados.

TJ

*edited for spelling

In practice I actually don't adjust the magnetic drag that often. Is it difficult to deal with when you have to adjust it?