Boy's You Ain't Gonna Believe This One!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Just saw this on the 10 o'clock news. The small community of Slaughterville, Oklahoma located just south of Norman has been asked by our old friends a PETA to change the name of the town to, are you ready.......

Veggieville.

This is not a joke. They even offered the town $2700 in Veggieburgers for the school. Only problem the town doesn't have a school. The PETA spokesman said the residents of the town would be much happier with the happier sounding name and not being reminded of the name that makes them think of animals being slaughtered.

The town was incorporated over 50 years ago and was named after the family that owned the only store in town, the Slaughter family.

Harpo

Can't believe it....

If PETA had a bigger research department, they wouldn't have offered all those Vburgers to a non-existent school.

I'll try to remember them come CFC time next year.

People Eating Tasty Animals. lol

Seriously, I would love to figure out how to put that organization outta business -- it just goes to show you how little people value their limited time here on earth...

David

CAN I SEND MY PICTURE NOW????.....HUH HUH HUH....

CAN I SEND IT???.....PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE????????

I KNOW I CAN FIND A STRAY DOG AND REALLY HOOK IT!!!!!!

OR CAN I JUST HOOK MY NEIGHBORS GREAT DANE THAT GETS IN MY YARD!!!!!!!!!!!

BJ

BJ, you remind me of back about a million years ago when I was in college there was a satire magazine called "National Lampoon". I'm sure many of the elderly among us such as me!, Mac, JR, and Toxic will rememeber it. The cover on one issue had a picture of a cute little brown eyed Beagle with a pistol pointed at it's head and the caption read, "BUY THIS MAGAZINE OR WE'LL SHOOT THIS DOG!"

Harpo

The magazines I read all the time in college were loaded with great,.................articles.

Sure read a lot back then!!..

Hey, Harpo.....

You remind me of one of my favorite Mel Brooks movies.....

"Blazing Saddles" with Cleavon Little and Gene Wilder.....

And one of my favorite lines.....

You know the line!

Cleavon Little is holding a gun to his own head.....

my wife tells me I'd be a shoe in, a natural for the

beans and campfire scene.

What does she mean by that??

Richard, you're stealing my thunder!! LOL Here's one for us "old timers" (yuk...) Anybody remember the Saturday Night Live skit where Eddie Murphy had Larry the lobster and they had a vote to see if they would eat him or not....Murphy read a letter by some cranky old witch that cussed him out for cruelty to animals...etc., so he boiled and ate Larry at the end of the show (all the cast ate him). I laughed for a week!!!LOL

TOXIC

If I was the mayor of Slaughterville:

"We'll do it. But skip the veggie burgers. We'd like the $2700 in cash. We'll have you over as guests of honor at a big celebration barbeque! You might want to bring your own food, though. Everything we eat here is either meat, or if it's not meat, it's cooked with lard."

Back