Boat leaning to one side

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Question for Bob:

When getting on plane, my boat leans to the port side, but straightens up after steering to the right. Weight distribution seems to be OK and should not be a factor.

What would be the cause?

Thanks for your help.

Bbow

Nothing more than prop torque and trim angle. If you can "trim it out", and the boat runs "level", all should be well. ;)

My boat leans when I'm by myself, then I realized......I have a fat arse!! :eek: :lol:

The boat does straighten up after it is trimmed out, but that is usually after I have planed out. Is there a way to reduce the torque? I have hydraulic steering and no trim tab.

I have the same problem (sort of, but starboard). I can get on plane and run it wide open and all is fine after i have trimmed it up. If i slow down to 20-30 MPG, regardless of how I set the trim the boat lists to the starboard side pretty bad. I have played with the trim alot to try to alleviate this problem but it seems to still be happening. I seems that the boat is flopping to one side of the pad if Im not at full speed.

I have a 115 optimax with what seems to be a pretty large cavitation plate. It also looks to be about 2-3" lower than the keel. Would this cause that problem? The boat isnt turning to the left of right but listing badly starboard.

BTW im new the this forum, nice to meet ya'll. Ive been looking on here for quite some time and there is alot of good info about nitros. I have a 2008 z-6.

Have a great dayy.

In my experience reading this forum and others just about all 17.5ft glass boats in all brands have this problem. Most of them run between 75-115hp motors. Some people try to correct it with weight distrobution, hydrofoil, motor height, prop size, etc. What most people end up doing, myself included, is start the trimming up process before the boat is fully on plane and that will eleaviate your problem. Main thing it requires is seat time in the boat to figure it out...;);)

Latest posts

Back