Black Friday @ GM

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Well........it's finally confirmed,..the media are master's at making a catastrophy out of NOTHING!! Yeah,...sales are ugly,....we lost 2.5 billion dollars,...but NO announcments of any layoffs, or plant closings or additional time off at Xmas,.....everything that the media has been saying all along has been mostly "speculation" on their part and none of it was proven accurate this a.m.! I kinda hope one of their news crews is out there when i leave today...I have half a notion to stop and tell them,...."You folks are the cause of a LOT of unneccessary stress, angst, and rumors that have plagued us for months...non of your "sources" were right, and you might want to do a little less rumor spreading and concentrate more on fact verification BEFORE you make your next gloom and doom story!"

%!%%%@ Media,...what a joke!!!

I just love(insert sarcasm here) how they spin an article to make a title sound much different than the stories.

I have to agree that the News Media does put fear into people, it

I guess I've stated here before that GM has been feeding me all my life. Daddy is retired GM mgt. I'm retired hourly. I never thought I'd see it this bad. I went to work last October at the local Saturn dealer as a service tech because I always thought I'd like to be one. I just quit the job about 2 weeks ago and went back to Home Depot. September was the worst sales month ever for this dealer (only 4 vehicles sold all month I believe) and October was looking to be worse. It's a shame too because Saturn and GM have some nice vehicles. The Aura, sister to the Malibu, came out with a model with the 2.4L DOHC engine that is rated at 33 mpg. That's good for a small car, but the Aura is much larger and roomier than a Cobalt or similar car and gets as good as or better mileage. I'm not trying to sell anything, just stating that there's some nice economical GM vehicles out there, and it's a shame nobody's buying. I think once I ride out this downturn I may get the wife an Aura. I wasa very impressed with them. OTOH, I waited for years for the General to put a V8 in the S-10s but it never happened. Now, for '09, they're offering a V8 in the Colorado and Canyon. Whoopee right! Wrong! Somehow, they've managed to get the same mpg ratings on them as the full size trucks. How does that happen? I haven't checked but the thing's gotta weigh at least 1,000 pounds less so why doesn't it get better mileage?

Sorry, I'm rambling. Must be the nightly meds!

Hutch

Latest posts

Back