Bimini Top Repair - Where to buy SS Tubing?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St Rich

Reaction score
Hello All - I have a bimini top that my neighbor gave to me since it is missing one of the arms on it. The rest is in great shape, but I am wondering where I can get the SS Tubing to make a new arm replacement. Everyone seems to carry the hardware, end caps, etc. but I cannot find the tubing. Can anyone suggest a retailer? Thanks in advance!

I don't know where your located, but where I am they have a business that sells both aluminum and stainless steel tubing.
Barry from La.

Uzually frames are specific for that model, they are not universal. Usually you can get replacement tops/boots for a 3 or 4 rail top but not rails. But if you'll post a picture of the rail in question and in both the broken one and the other piece that isn't broken I might be able to help guide you as I have a friend in the bimini factory business up north and I could ask him depending on what the piece is. But I'll repeat, once a piece of frame is broke, you generally need a new frame.

It was actually given to me by a neighbor because he upgraded to a Z7. There is one piec of the frame that is missing. I do not have a picture, but it is essentially a straight tube about 3 ft long. It will connect directly to the hardware already in place with a screw. Then I would put the piece pictured below on the other end and connect with a screw. Everyone seems to sell the hardware like this shown, but not the tubing in between. Also - I am in the SW Denver area. I have looking around the web and it seems like there are a few places to purchase, but I need to buy about 20ft of the tubing.

95083_L1

I remember seeing various length SS tubing in stock for fabricating hand rails, etc in stock last time I was in store at Kendor Marine Supply (Great Lakes Skipper). They are a local store about 10 miles from me in Franklin, WI. I'm not sure of availability in your outside diameter (guessing 7/8" outside diameter for biminis? Wall thickness would also be helpful to know). Might be worth making a phone call with specifics of what you need? They do ship products....
http://www.kendormarine.com/ http://greatlakesskipper.com/

Doing an internet search I found that www.Grainger.com along with some other sites sells all sizes, diameters, wall thicknesses, seamless, welded seam, construction material, etc. I had purchased from Grainger's in a commercial purpose before I retired, they are extremely reliable.
http://www.grainger.com/category/st...catalog/N-aaeZ1z0o05pZ1z0mgoy?_=1395199516997

There are other sites also found online that sell bulk SS tubing. As long as you need straight tubing it should be fairly easy to acquire. If it has a pre-determined bent in it, then I'd start thinking about taking the bulk tubing to a muffler shop with a pipe bender or a plumber's shop with a pipe bender (might be able to handle smaller diameter pipe easier than a muffler shop.)

Biminis are also produced with aluminum tubing, but I did my research for stainless steel as you stated your is...

Good luck!

When I did commercial electrical work we used benders as small as 1/2" in galvanized pipe for offshore use. These benders go up to 1" before you'll need a power bender. If you have the tubing maybe an electrician can help you.
Barry from La.

Great advice Gentleman! Thank you. I spoke to an electrician friend who thinks he can help point in the direction of a supplier here in Denver. I was under the impression that Grainger only provided to contractors and other pros. I will look at them again. Either way I have a little time, since it was snowing here yesterday. Thanks again for the great suggestions and advice.

UPDATE: Found a decent site that sells aluminum & SS tubing plus a lot of the Hardware. I couldn't find a local shop willing to help so I went with these guys http://www.sailrite.com

Gonna put that site in my go to place to tell others. Just looked at their frame pieces and that's what a lot of guys who do their own stuff want. Good look up +1

UPDATE: Just a quick update. Received everything I needed to fix the bimini via Sailrite.com The shipping was fast and the parts are exactly what I needed at an affordable price. Less than $20 for a bimini top after I fixed it. Not a bad deal.

Latest posts

Back