Battery Storage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
I have three batteries I took out of my boat while I am waiting for repairs or replacement of my wrecked boat. They have been out for 2 1/2 months and when I hook up the charger (one of the Quest out of the boat)all I get is a green light. Should I leave it hooked up over night or are they ok as long as the light stays green?

I would think they are ok. When you have the green like they are only maintaining a charge. How did this go with the boat repair?

Why not take them to an auto parts store and have them load tested? Might be worth knowing for sure if they are still good or not - especially if they are a couple of years old or more. Most places like Sears Auto, Advance Auto, Autozone, Pep Boys, etc. will do load tests for free.

True dat...just because they're reading fully charged doesn't mean they can handle a load.

It would be worth checking your fusible links on your battery leads. Depending on the charger model, your indicator light(s) can show green with a blown fuse on the battery lead. A quick check of the fused leads is a step I'd recommend to add to your confidence in your charging system. Good luck! ;)

Hey, Dan.... Just a minute. Pisces Ergo Sum? Does that mean "I fish, therefore I am" or am I missing the Latin?

Latest posts

Back