Bassmaster University

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Kayaker

Reaction score
I went to the Bassmaster University class in Massachusetts yesterday and I thought it was well done. Kevin VanDam, Ken Cook and Tony Bean were the instructors. They were all really good - especially Tony Bean. He is a smallmouth bass guide/pro and was very entertaining. If ESPN was smart, they would try to get him to have his own show or have him on some of the other shows as a guest.

It looked like there were over 400 people there and everyone was able to meet each of the instructors in autograph sessions and after the class ended.

My only disappointment is that I won't be going today - there is a blizzard state of emergency in Boston (supposed to be up to18" of snow today) and if the snowfall really rings true, they will shut down the Mass turnpike and I won't be able to get home later. Mike Iaconelli and Mark Menendez are going to be there and I really wanted to see these guys.

Just watching Kevin VanDam rollcast his lure and talking about how to fish a jerkbait and spinnerbait was worth the price of admission. Kevin made fun of Ike a few times but at the end of the day said that in all seriousness, Ike was a good guy, knows how to fish and is bringing young fans in who will be the next generation and we would be impressed with his presentation Sunday.

Well, I keep looking out the window and wondering if I should risk it as it seems like the snow is heavy at times and then looks as if it is clearing ... it would be good just to hear Ike in person - just not sure if it is worth getting into an accident. If not, maybe next year :)

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

I went to BMU in Nashville a couple of years ago. It was some of the best fishing money that I've ever spent. KVD, Ike, Woo Daves, Shaw Grigsby and Davey Hite were great!

Steve

I went a couple of years ago in Religh NC and it was a 3 day school. It was great and on the last day we were snowed in missed work and on Monday it took over 8 hours to drive to Charlotte. The good thing is all of us were stuck and the pros had supper with us and it was like getting another day of class for free. All of them were nice and very down to earth even Mike who although sometimes over the top knows what he is talking about.

I went to one a few years ago and KVD,jimmy houston and another guy was there.I enjoyed myself and learned somethings.I would go again but not this year.

So I just shoveled out my driveway and walkway - there was about 8" of snow - if I drive now, I can get there for 1pm and catch the last two seminars ... or I can be a couch potato, look at the Cabelas, Orvis and Bass Pro catalogs and watch television. I'll see Ike next year ;)

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

I saw Ike at BASS seminar in Ricmond, Va. He's not as bad in this setting as he is on TV. Of course he wasnt the center of attention either. He was there with Hank Parker, David Fritts and Jay Yelas.

Latest posts

Back