Bass Pro Batteries - any good?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Well, my Interstate deep cycle battery of only 25 months has given up the ghost. It load tested bad. It was working great through the summer and in fact, load tested fine earlier in the summer of this year when I was checking on a charger issue (addressed magnificently by the great Guest rep - Sue D!). The battery is supposed to be warranted for 30 months so I'm going to have it into a shop later next week. Problem is that I want to get out this weekend. I'm thinking about picking up another deep cycle battery anyway and Bass Pro has them for $69.99 in a series 27 size. Anybody have any views on whether these are any good? I've read elsewhere that Trojans come highly recommended, but I'm not looking to spend that range of money.

Any and all thoughts welcome! Thanks in advance.

JC

Jim,

My interstate only lasted 17 months! If you want to see about what you can expect warranty-wise, go to http://www.interstatebatteries.com/www_2001/content/warranty/warranty_plainenglish.asp

My dead battery is the cranking side. I've also heard great reports on Trojan. A nearby store is selling the Trojan cranking battery for $59.00, thats were I'm headed this weekend.

Take care...DH

ya, I have had and just got new Trojans SCS 225 's - I got two of them. The previous set lasted me just over 5 years. I run a 74lb Minn Kota Riptide 24 volt. Just add water to them as needed ( distilled ) and you will be good to go. And ya know what, my old Trojans still work, but they are just under 11 volts and you could tell when you ran the trolling motor - they didn't work like they use to. But they work fine for the crappie light :rolleyes:

I did replace my Interstate TM battery after it was a couple of years old but I'm still cranking strong on the original Interstate cranking battery. It's a 2001 BTW.

Harpo

I bought a couple of dual batteries ( both starting and tolling ) 3 years ago and they are still going strong ( I sold the boat and the new owner is still using them)

Latest posts

Back