any takers?? Elite Tourney on St.John's River

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Anybody wanna bet we see Tox's boat on the lift (sun baked and dry rotted) in the Elite Tourney footage?? LOL!! Watch,..the winning pattern will be "docks" and KVD will jerk a monster 12lbr right out from under Tox's boat and win the thang!!!!:blink::rolleyes::lol::lol:

:lol:

KVD will probably snag that ol plaid skirt Tox dumped there!

Verrrrry Funny Mack.....:lol::lol: As a matter of fact, I am fishing....... not 1..... but 2 tournaments this weekend:eek: Both Saturday and Sunday. One out of Whitey's Fish Camp and the other in Julington Creek. I am pre-fishing tomorrow. And it just so happens that the weekend of the Elites (I was gonna go to the weigh-ins), I am pulling my boat off the lift and dragging it to the pan handle of Florida to fish a couple of "private" lakes. Spawn outta be in full swing and I just got 4 boxes and a rod tube from Bass Pro!! You can say I need the time on the water before I come North with CIII in May. I can't risk loosing my mo-jo for that trip. There's a pair of 6's and we know where they live. ;) :D I realized I was doing nothing but posting excuses for not fishing, so I shook the turd outta my pants leg and did something about it. Good, bad or ugly I'm "ALL IN" this weekend!! :lol: :lol:

More to come and yes, I'll take pictures to prove I did it.:cool:

TOXIC

well it's about time!!!

i'm up here in mass and i got got my boat wet for the first time this year yesterday.

the ice just melted off the cape cod lakes, there is still a foot or more of ice everywhere else in the state.

i have my first club t the first week in april.

your excusses were starting to make me think you just liked to talk fishin not

realy do it.

we are goin to need to see the proof :lol: j.k.

have fun

Joe

Excellent....see how it works?? We gotta bust yer cahonies to get you off center!! Now go whack a few TOADS and use some of your Cabela's fine (errr I mean BONUS) $$$ to get a fiberglass repo of that 10lbr!!:wub::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He didn't dump it,..........it's still haunting him!!:wub::rolleyes:

Toxaci.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tox my friend...your NEVER gonna' live that one down:lol:

BTW..the rose adds a nice touch;)

It's just that it is so un-flattering to my figure:lol::lol: I'm suprized I don't have nightmares about that pic:D I was waitin for him to post it when I was doing my whining. Just feel dang lucky he doesn't post the KeelShield install pics!!:eek: I gotta go grab tackle for my pre-fishing today............

TOXIC

You go Tox! You are experienceing a cold front down there....SLOW down....and I mean R E A L S L O W !

Pre fish went well, considering the cold front that has descended on Florida (47 this morning) we put together a respectable river limit. I got bumped in today's T by my friend's regular partner, he was supposed to be out of town but stayed. It's a good thing too, I'm stiff as a board, I've been off the boat for toooo long. We were on the water from 11am to 7:30pm with 20+ mph winds. I'm gonna fix my Landlords lift then head out to get these old back muscles whipped into shape some more. All I needed was to get with someone who could show me how these dang Florida fish act. I caught them yesterday on a senko and a dropshot. I also got a lot of productive areas. They act a lot like Potomac fish but on pads instead of mats. They are not green, they are black as coal!! Did some bed fishing but in this tannin water it is tough, gotta have low tide and clean water. Did I say Mudfish suck!! I was going to go up to Goodby's creek but they found a floating fisherman up in there yesterday and that creeps me out.

TOXIC

Man, you guys are tough on 'ol Tox! :lol:

Good job getting out and putting some scales across the rail. If you keep it up, you'll be in love with your location and be hard pressed to go fishing anywhere else. You literally have every type of Southern fishing imaginable within a 30 mile radius! :wub:

It wil keep you Kool Tox......You have some great fishing there,,,Get R done....

I'm not saying a word about Tox's dresses.. Sometimes he looked good in them:unsure::eek:

I fished a Tourney on the St. John's River YEARS ago. A good friend and myself packed up and went to Florida and found a nice place to stay. The day before the Tourny we went out for a practice round and everything went well. We caught a few nice keepers and felt good about the next day. The next day arrived with almost totally black skies, snow falling very hard, and the temperature about 28 to 30 degrees. TOO COLD!!! Just about the only thing I took for any warmth was a couple of heavy sweaters and a "London Fog" type jacket.. We tried launching and fishing a bit but it didn't last long, we went back to our place to stay warm:p There were also others who said "to heck with this" so we played poker, ate and drank all week long.:cool: We didn't fish but it was a great time none the less:cool:

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back