Another definition for jacknuts

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Frets

Reaction score
I recently had to go looking for new jacknuts for my boat. Wallyworld, Academy, and WestMarine couldn't help me, but one of the customers at Academy said to call Allstar Electronics here in Dallas.

I mentioned jacknuts and got a very clear 'Huh?' out of the guy running the desk. I then asked for the part that holds the trolling motor bracket to the boat, and he replied that he had the part. 'Never heard it called a jacknut before,' he replies.

In Motorguide terminology, a single jacknut is reffered to as a mounting isolator. A kit of four isolators, with bolts, cost me $14.

I though I might pass this on...my search for 'jacknuts' on the internet returned some interesting hits that weren't appropriate for younger surfers. I won't even mention what a search for 'jacknuts' will get you on this board!

P.S. Have a safe Memorial Day Weekend. Let us remember our loss, and not become one.

MO -

I can tell you that "Yes", the mounting isolators are rubber. A "must" if you are mounting your trolling motor into fiberglass.

Have a safe weekend!

#20 Rules!

me!

Paul:

Oh, I'm not implying that you're wrong. The rubber isolator mounts are probably more durable than the metal jack nuts that came installed on my boat. From what I can gather, the rubber isolators are standard on fiberglass boats while the metal jack nuts are used to mount the TM to an aluminum rig. It's good that you pointed out the fact that there is a different kind of part that will work.

When mine broke, guess what the dealership used to replace them? Isolators! Go figure.

Sorry if I sounded like I was correcting you.

MO -

The isolators are prefectly acceptable for mounting the trolling motor on the aluminum of your TV-18; but you really wouldn't want to use jacknuts on a fiberglass mounting.

I think the only reason to keep jacknuts around is 'cuz it wouldn't be as funny if Neeley went around mumbling "rubberisolatorsrubberisolatorsrubberisolators"!

me!