Another boat weight question- PT175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon Daves

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Pro Team 175 with a 50hp Mercury ELPTO. What is the weight of this boat WITH motor. I saw hull weight 985 for a 2003.

Question is I really wanna upgrade to a TV-18 with a 150hp in the future. It lists hull weight as 1115 lbs.

I tow my pt175 with a 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4wd V6 5 speed. Tow it with no problem unless I hit some REALLY steep hills. Use 4lo at ramp to reduce strain on clutch. Wanna keep this truck, but wondering what TOTAL weight will be for the TV-18 with 150.

Thanks.

I believe the weight of the 150 XR6 is 406 dry, a difference of 101 lbs from the 90. I'm guessing the package weight of the TV-18 w/ 150 would be 2600lbs with gear (assuming I'm correct with my calcualtions on my boat).

Your Toyota owners manual should tell you how much weight you can tow per your set-up. I'm willing to bet you'd be ok with the TV-18.

Thanks Bruce. My truck is rated for 5k lbs, BUT I would never do it.

I have only had my PT175 for 2 months and love it...first boat.

Already planning on something a little bigger and quicker...TV-18.

Nice choice scooby, I have one and love it.

As far as towing, you're are safe at 80% of you max capacity, the 2600 lbs would be no problem.

Latest posts

Back