Amish boat trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Feist

Reaction score
Well, I went fishing at Mahoning Creek Lake in Armstrong County PA over the weekend. I have fished here more than a few times and like the place. This lake is near several Amish communities. I've been telling people that these Amish people tow their boat trailers behind their buggies to the lake. Everybody usually laughs and tells me that I am full of sh#$t. Well, I had my camera with me this time. Go into my library and look at the trailer pictures. The boat trailer was disconnected from the regular buggy and parked next to the launch. The buggy was parked and the horses unhitched and placed in the "horse parking area" at the lake. NO KIDDING, a horse parking area. I thought that you may enjoy seeing this. Remember, the next time you want to complainn about towing and trailers, think about how good you have it...

By the way, Amos and friends were fishing with bobbers and anchored in a place that I caucht several smaller bass earlier the morning that I was at the lake.

Brian

Brian,

That is really interesting. I would love to see that rig all hitched up. I have been told that although the Amish do not use electric or gasoline power they have no problem with battery powered devices such as cell phones and those little battery powered Dewalt skill saws ect. Perhaps a Minn Kota Genesis would be a hit with them as well. LOL

Yeah...I can't wait for them to need a p[art for that trailer...Neeley will have them call Craig...

maybe tracker could offer the "amish" trailer as an option. ughhh, where do you hook up the lights?

Don't use lights - just one of those orange triagular signs!

There's a very large Amish community in central Illinois about 50 miles from me..... Strangest thing in the world to see all the hitching posts out in front of all the businesses!

Anyone ever see the movie "Witness" with Harrison Ford? I will neve forget the view of the outside world we were given through the little Amish boy's eyes as he looked around Grand Central Station! Exciting and beautiful movie centered around wonderful people!

I love Diversity!

Eh!

me!

i was up in indianna on business and saw a group of amish for the first time. rather intriguing for a simple ole boy from oklahoma.

It's funny that this thread started running today. Just this afternoon a customer and I were talking about the Amish and I mentioned that movie. It's one of my favorites. I love the part when Kelly McGillis tell Harrison Ford that the nearest telephone is on the other side of the valley because they are Menonites over there. Great Flick! I have always admired their lifestyle and wished I could live without the technolgy we are so dependent on. I go into cartiac arrest if the multi-funtion remote control gets lost in the sofa.

I hope some Amish guy surfing the internet on his Gateway 1500khz with DSL modem doesn't get offended by our discussion.LOL

Ya know, Sooner, strangely enough, that was a concern that kept popping into my head, too..... I would love to sit down with an Amish person someday and have the opportunity to talk about and ask questions about how they view the "outside" world and how they feel about the way we view them with such curiosity..... Are they "comfortable" with "our" childish curiosity of their lifestyle? Do they feel apart from us? Do they feel that we treat them fairly and with respect?

I know that my use of the terms "we" and "they" may not be politically correct - but I simply have no idea in the world how else to put it.....

Even thought I may know that we are all one and the same - there is still an "apartness"..... I know that is likely to always be so - with respect to many aspects of life - but I wish that there weren't..... I wish that there were more understanding and knowledge.....

me!

I've dealt with the Amish before and they are a very quiet respectful people. They do not view it as "us" and "them". Their religion does not allow it. They have the same attitude as a catholic to a luthern. Different but the same. They are also not that "isolated". Nice country people.

PS--they will accept a ride to town if offered. They just can't "own" a gas vehicle.

TOXIC

Scott,

I couldn't agree with you more. It's this "we & them" stuff that results in otherwise moral people flying airliners into skyscrapers or bombing churches and daycares or any of the other sensless crap we humans find to do to each other. The lack of tolerance of other lifestyles, cultures, religous beliefs, skin color,ect, seems to be geting worse not better as we all become so enlightened. The whole world, on both sides of the plantet, seems ready to inilate a whole race of people for no other reason than they see the world and their god in a differant way. Personally I find the differances in the human race one of the best things about life in general. It would certinly be a boring planet indeed, if everyone were just like me.

I belive the Amish really do have the right idea. That is to be tolerant of the world around you but not become a part of it and live a simpler life from an earlier time. On the other hand on of the things that really irks me is to hear people go on about the "good old days" when we had God in the Pledge of Allegence, good conservitave family values and Women and Blacks "knew their place". I know I'll probobly catch hell for that statement but I hear it all the time. I guess it'll always be "we & they" when it comes to the Amish because "they" are what "we" used to be.

I guess that I'd be catching it too, Sooner. I think most of the people on this board feel the same way as well; some talk about it while some just nod their heads quietly in agreement.

Those who post on this board represent a cross-section of the United States and Canada. We are an accurate representation of how the people of these two, great Nations feel. The bottom line is one of tolerance and acceptance of all people; disgust with the minority who would preach and practice hate.

May God Bless!

me!

Latest posts

Back