A moment of silence please, the JarJar Mobile has passed away

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
We'll my mom came in last week for Eli's 4th birthday party, and on Thursday took my '96 Merc Wagon and Eli out for lunch and shopping for birthday presents. Long story short around 2pm while cruising in traffic on a local busy road (3 lanes each way) driving at about 45mph someone decides to stop short for a just turned yellow light and the brakes get hit by everyone. Unfortunetly my mom and my wagon have anti-lock breaks and no where to turn/drive so she hits the guy in front of her. Well both airbags deploy, Isuzu Rodeo in front has a hitch with a ball which goes straight thru my hood/radiator. Fenders are shot, hood dead, bumper gone, windshield shot and so on.

LUCKILY no one was hurt at all! Mom is fine and back in AZ, Eli's car seat (Gotta love those 5 point harnesses) not hurt a bit except a small bruise where the center strap clip pushed into his chest, and no one else in the crash (total of 3 cars) hurt. Oh and while watching my mom's accident STUPID rubberneckers in the next lane have a 2 car crash too!

So, we're waiting on the final word on the wagon but there is no way a '96 wagon in that much damage is being repaired. So I had to go out and buy a new car yesterday, while not planning to spend any $$ on vehicles for 3 more years (heck I just dropped a trany and new tires on the wagon in the last 5 months). COuld NOT find another wagon I liked so back to a Sedan, got a 2002 Saturn SL2 4 door still under warranty and a great deal too.

We looked LONG and hard for 4 days on-line and driving the car lots looking for a late 90's wagon with less then 60k and under $9k. Found a few saturn/ford wagons but all were in terrible shape. So on to my 3rd Saturn so I know the quality will be there and with only 22k miles and warranty no costs for a few years.

May the JarJar Mobile rest in peace!

echo that, happy everyone ok

1st man overboard...wear that PFD

now car accident...wear those seatbelts

take care all

Trep...

Very glad that all are okay... But, I am truly confused... Does this mean that the red Bravada wasn't available?

Trep,

Glad no one got hurt and sorry about the early demise of the wagon. Now would have been a good time to get yourself one of those boat towing, family hauling, bad a$$ Chevy Crew Cab trucks with a 6.0L V8! But, I know that's not your style so I hope the Saturn turns out to be a good reliable car for you!

Bob G.

Glad to hear all are OK.

But are you sure the towing capacity of the Saturn is high enough??

J

Jeez Trep. Glad to hear everyone is ok. Amen to the safety seats!

It sounds sort of like the end to the Blues Brothers movie where the car just completely comes apart.

david....

Trep,

Glad everyone's alright, cars can be replaced. To bad this didn't happen _before_ you put the new tranny in!

Did the hat survive?

No chance that the now famous 'hat', is still inside the JarJar Mobile . . . is there??

Glad everyone is doing fine.

Tex

Glad I'm not a car.....

Too old.....

Too much to repair.....

LOL!!

Glad to hear everyone made it through ok, Michael!

me!

mtpmtv.jpg

Cars can be replaced, the key is your mom and boy are OK!

Wow. Good thing everyone is ok. Some kneel time and thanks upstairs could be appropriate on that one Trep.

I'm with ME on his statement. My old body is about shot, the grill is ugly, I needs a new suspension on the right side,my headlights are dim, and I backfire out my exhaust way to often. Good thing I'm not a car or in the junkyard I'd be.

fatrap.

Glad your family is safe. Rest in peace, JarJar mobile.

That Saturn gonna be getting a hitch?

Let me stop this right now! No the Saturn does NOT get a hitch! I know Rich remembers backing my Tracker down the Tidewell ramp 3 years ago in my 92 Saturn. The brand new Kia Minivan we bought beka 2 months ago, has a 3500lb towing capacity, factory installed auxilary trany cooler, and get's the only hitch in the family!!

Thanks for the thoughts and wishes everyone! I realy hate to loose that wagon, i know I get a lot of ribbing about the wagon but short of my 89 Mustang GT Convertible I think this is #2 in enjoyment! Leather, 6 disk CD changer, Sunroof, enough space for all 4 of us and the dogs in the back, can easily tow the boat and utility trailer...

But life throws you curves and you hold on tight and go around the corner!

Latest posts

Back